How do you deal with depression

I take Wellbutrin for mine. Really works.

I exercise, eat right, take meds,make music etc

I had severe depression when I was 22. I’ve only had bad episodes since starting effexor at like a light pace. I’m just ■■■■■■ up depressed all the time. Meds help. I hope you get rid of your depression. Hugs

Celexa. It stops me from feeling suicidal. It’s very helpful

1 Like

Geodon wiped out my depression. It was usually mild though.

1 Like

i’ve lived with depression for so long i h ardly remember being happy. i just learned to smile recently.

i think it is an individual thing but basically i don’t myself believe in anti depressants,

exercise helps. listening to music is a bandaid approach i believe.

judy

I have depression. I take citalopram (celexa) 20mg a day. I journal, play video games, draw. I often dont feel like doing anything though. Combination of depression and schizophrenia. I find journaling helps me the most. I usually start put complaining then end up coming up with answers to my problems

1 Like

I’ve been depressed for a long time. I comfort eat but in the long run that makes things worse for me personally. I distance myself from people who don’t support my positive self beliefs. I am attempting healthy lifestyle practices. That work for me. I talk to my beloved and myself every day in the mirror in the mornings.

1 Like

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Keep it up. :grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Thankyou GrayBear

1 Like

For a long time it was drugs. Now that the AP’s block my 5HT2A receptor, it’s alcohol. I didn’t start drinking too much until I went on vacation a month ago, but my habit hasn’t slowed down since I got back. I know I need to get a handle on it, though. If I can kick cigarettes and Vicodin, I can kick alcohol

Alcohol is very tempting. I’m not addicted to it but I occasionally get temptation for it. It just is so magic but so not the right thing for me anymore. Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.