How do you deal with an up herself colleague?

Fair enough, I’ve always outed myself, which is probably why I don’t have a real job :frowning:

But I’d rather them know then fire me from part time work for lying about my ability to work…

Though your on a temp contract, so it’s different?

1 Like

I am doing the same kind of job as the rest of them. I am doing a great job. It is repetitive and we all are finding it hard to concentrate. Anyone would if they had to do it for 8 hours. They all do not have schizophrenia as far as I am aware. It’s just the nature of the job not my inability to do it… It is a temp contract. And I am also confident I can do a good job. Otherwise how would a previous 3 month contract of mine go on for 18 months… ? (one of my previous posts)

You should out yourself if you are struggling. I have always done the same. But I know that can work for or against. I have experienced both.

1 Like

The lady asked me where I am from and whether I was born here… unusal question. lol I thought my accent would have given it away. My other colleague said she sounded a bit misinformed. When me and my colleague were talking about some music and other stuff (Indian music)… I felt bad. I started talking about Adele so as to include her cos I know it is not fair on the lady if she cannot join in the convo. I just think she must be feeling a bit left out. Probably not intentionally coming across as mean spirited. I think she’s alright :smiley:

1 Like

It’s her issue not yours start with that. Always a learning curve and we have so much to learn from each other.

1 Like

oh no, not those questions! I get those a lot too, since I’m ethnic in the States. I have to roll my eyes and go yes, i was born in california. eye roll
then i get the “are you race X” since I am mixed race and often get mistaken for multiple races.
Me: Pay me 20 dollars and I’ll tell you that answer or else I’m going to leave you hanging…
just joking, I don’t actually say that.

1 Like