How do you cope?

What would you do if someone was sabotaging your thoughts so people would judge you harshly? Everyday my mind is never left alone and they can see my thoughts i think. Feeling depressed. When people see the intrusive images they call me names. I feel like I will never be left alone and things will become bad to worse. I was not born like this way. Sometimes I have my life on the line and feel hopeless. Everything I say or do is critiqued. My mind does not feel well. I can’t find any pleasure doing anything. I can’t control my thoughts. They seem very real. I wish they weren’t though. Besides taking meds. how would you cope?

I’ve been through it several times, it drives a person to the edge of insanity. Meds are the only thing that helps

3 Likes

For what you are describing, I agree with @Mountainman - meds are what will help you. I try to get out and exercise, but that is more to improve my mood, doesn’t help so much with the psychotic symptoms you are describing.

1 Like

I went through the same thing and it finally passed. I went to therapy and NAMI meeting’s

I write. I draw. I listen to music. I pray. I sleep.

1 Like

Take your meds and stay busy. I go to school and try to see my kids and best friend when I can. I also visit with my dad. My delusion is very strong and believing I am constantly being controlled and monitored can be very stressful. #1 is meds I think. All you can do is your best.

2 Likes

I would be mindful of how I feel and say to myself, “I’m not gonna let these thoughts get the best of me. I’m better than this and I don’t have to feel this way.” I’d also let the music drown out the negativity.

Go out of your way to think about the positives in each and every day, no matter how small they be!

1 Like

I’ve had to develop the basic attitude that I am a warrior and I am getting through this garbage, no matter what.

I know it sounds cheesy but
I was born with a hole in the middle of my face. I don’t always imagine people are thinking bad things - very, very often, I am correct. And it sucks that things are that way but they are that way.

Exercise helps a lot for me and just keeping near positive people. Developing a very dark sense of humor hasn’t hurt. Writing is a big deal for me, too.

I also like reading about neuroscience and trying to apply what I can to my situation. One can really improve one’s brain activity in a number of ways… A gal in another forum reminded me that lots of neurotransmitters are born in the gut, so increasing gut health would surely be helpful. I’m gluten-free so I’m doing some of that, already, but I need to pick up my enzymes and probiotics again - they were helping.

I avoid people as much as possible. Take sarcosine, fish oil, and a multi-vitamin/multi-mineral every day. Meditate/get lost in music. Write, draw my feelings/thoughts. Avoid my triggers, like sunlight, overstimulation, and any public place (besides work). I maintain good relations with the dark beings in my head, because fighting them makes me even worse. I personally refuse to see myself as delusional. I notice the more I view myself as “ill”, or “psychotic”, or “schizophrenic”, the worse off I do. Recognizing myself as a dark, spiritual being having a fleshy experience rather than an ill person living amongst “normal, well-adjusted” people helps me a lot, even if no doctor would agree with my self-view.

1 Like

When I was last in this state(about 5 times now), meds adjustment (increase) was the main thing that was done to help me out. In that period of waiting for meds to work for me I would go to the library to challenge the voices and myself to see how long I could survive out and away from the doom in the darkness of my room and neighbors’ voices. It was painful, but it made me proud that I did it. I also wrote a lot. Read things in books. Reading posts and getting my feelings out and getting advice here helped tremendously. Sleep helped. Grabbing something to eat with my mom (drive thru only of course) helped. Avoiding seeing family and other close but not so close people helped because I didn’t want to be judged, helped.

One day at a time, one dose at a time, one problem at a time.

:blush: