How do you become more empathetic?

yea if two people were fighting i would not seperate them either. that is not lack of empathy, it is common sense.

i don’t want to get hurt.

I think it takes effort to build empathy.

actively thinking about being in the others shoes when communicating when possible, things like that.

I honestly think empathy is a very important quality to develop

1 Like

Well everyone irl told me I should have separated them even my brothers. Its my friend who was being beaten after all, not a stranger. If it was a stranger yes I agree with you that I have the choice to not separate them.

Even my third friend told me I should have separated them and told me to be a strong men.

But what if you get hurt?

there is a chance of that.

I would mind my own business tbh.

do you think you would have seperated them if you could go back in time, if not, why not?

Why would they attack me? I just yell at them to stop.

maybe the one beating up your friend would be pissed that you got involved and punch you to the ground?

I know him well, he’s my friend, he wouldnt do that. He would have stopped. Besides the one who was beating the other was my best friend, more than the others

1 Like

I feel weak bcz I didnt stop the fight between my friends

1 Like

what stoppped you from asking them to stop fighting?

1 Like

I felt too stressed and didnt know what to do so I called a third friend who came fast in his car. I have problems with emotions, empathy, etc and its not only during fights. I never hug someone not even my mother, I hate it. I hate saying happy mother’s day to my mother, etc All this since I was a kid. I think its called hypersensitivity, maybe its the apathy from sz negative symptoms. I read that hypersensitivity is caused by low dopamine but things that boost dopamine give me psychosis so it sucks.

1 Like

Actually one of my Drs said I am hypersensitive.

1 Like
1 Like

when we panic, sometimes it makes us mentally freeze and not think straight. But at least you called a third friend who came in his car that’s nice

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.