How do you accept help?

My sisters want to come here tomorrow to help me around the house. I feel so much like a loser

Taking the help doesn’t make you a loser. It’s okay. We all need help with things sometimes (or, if you’re me, all of the time).

1 Like

Dont feel like a loser. Accepting help means youre trying, losers are the people who say crap like “oh yay i have disability, frer pass for life”. Those guys are the losers. As long as youre trying youre winning at this sht.

1 Like

I get a lot of help. I could never make it on my own. Yes, sometimes I feel like a loser because of it. But, I just accept it as I have no other choice.

1 Like

I try and stop my mum when she visits from cleaning stuff. I do keep stuff clean as best as I can, just takes me longer to get round to doing this.

My step-dad always asks is the date he wrote in pencil is still on the window since moving in two years ago.

1 Like

You are not a loser, my friend.
I have a physical disability and at the peak of my disability I had to use a wheelchair, and unable to clean the house. I was so, so embarrassed, and therefore when my friends wanted to clean my house, I said no. But my friend said,
“It’s okay to seek help because we love you and you deserve love.”
So my friends came to my dorm room and cleaned everything.
You are loved and you deserve love. Don’t be afraid to seek help because we’re here for you and we love you! You got this. You are strong. You are valued. <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.