Schizophrenia.com

How do PM people if they have privatized their account?

How do you do it if they have made it private?

Get them to PM you, then continue that thread.

1 Like

Just go to your inbox, choose to create a new PM, and type their name.

But not everyone that has a private profile wants to be PMed.

4 Likes

I will also add for anyone who doesn’t wish to receive PMs, you can go under your preferences to Users and then select “only allow specific users to private message me” and add people you want to talk to, or just leave the part beneath blank to refuse all PMs. You can block specific users in the same category by typing their name into Ignore.

4 Likes

Its not working, I can’t click the box, I think its greyed. Maybe bcz my profile is private?

Hmm, that is weird. I would guess the same reason as you.

1 Like

Try login out and login back again its working for me and my profile is private.

1 Like

This is a very useful feature.

:smirk:

1 Like

I would also like to add that we as moderators don’t see PMs, so if anyone receives a PM they don’t want, they can leave the PM themselves by going to the first post, then clicking “add or remove” then removing themselves. If a PM seems to be harrassment or offensive in some way, you can flag it. then the mod team will be able to see the PM and take action. If a user is sending inappropriate PMs to you, they are probably also sending inappropriate PMs to others. It doesn’t happen often, but we do have protocol for handling such instances.

I just tried, its still not working, are you on mobile or desktop pc?

Oh thats bad, im on pc.

1 Like

@Aziz, you have it set so NO users can PM you already. To change this feature, you go under preferences then notifications, then check the box “allow other users to send me private messages”

1 Like

I will try on PC now, thanks.

1 Like

Oh okk, thanks.

2 Likes

You can also refuse all PMs by going to the Notifications part of your Account Profile and un-checking the box next to “Allow other users to send me personal messages”

3 Likes