How do people work two jobs?!

My friend is a model and she says she doesn’t make very much. I’m aiming to work 50 hours a week at my new job so I get 10 hours of overtime pay. I’ll make about $25k a year if I can do that

Often wonder why we are the way we are, have to have this and that, have to find a partner and have kids, house and we grind ourselves into the ground all our lives, just to go to our final resting place scratches head

2 Likes

Kudos to you for having such a strong work ethic. It’s important to monitor your health and adjust your work schedule as needed. I think you’re going to be a terrific mom! :relaxed:

1 Like

I wonder too sometimes. I just wish there wasn’t so much working involved. I wish there was more fun stuff. I never wanted to have kids and my fiancé had accepted that I didn’t want kids and I was looking forward to a life of no kids to care for and more money to do fun stuff with, but accidents happen and now I’m happy we’re having a kid. I just hope it doesn’t bankrupt us lol

1 Like

Thank you!! :slight_smile: And my next appointment with my doctor Is in a couple weeks so I’m gonna ask her what she thinks is a good amount of hours for me to work right now. Until then o hope I’m not working too hard!

1 Like

Believe me, when you have kids you do stuff that’s ‘cheap and cheerful’…like swimming…going to the park…bike riding…renting movies…etc.

Some of the most cherished times I’ve had with my twins involved spending very little money.

I think you’ll manage just fine when the little one comes along!

2 Likes

Good I like cheap lol I’m real excited to do holiday stuff with them. Holidays are my favorite :slight_smile: too bad the kid won’t be here in time for Christmas this year. Oh well, the last inexpensive Christmas of my life lol I’ll enjoy it while it lasts

2 Likes

I could answer that for you, I could create a chart,and some graphs, you could drop by after work everyday and clean my house, I will keep detailed records of your performance each day, then you will have your answer :smiley:

Hahaha you should see my house, you don’t want me in charge of cleaning :laughing: I’m a slob

1 Like

Get plenty of rest, eat healthy, do stress-relieving activities, try to do relaxing stuff, take baths, do something fun but not too taxing… These might help you to finish up the week. How important is finishing up at your old job? Can you weasel out of it? Can you get a doctors note saying that you are too exhausted or stressed to get out of your old job? Mental health is a priority. You won’t be doing your baby or your boyfriend any good if you have a breakdown because you forced yourself to work for just a little more money.

Heck, I’ve quit jobs before even when my boss really needed me. They got mad but so what? They weren’t my friends and I never have to see them again. Hell, they would have not have hesitated to fire me if I made a mistake so how loyal do I really have to be and what do I really owe them?

We can’t deny we have schizophrenia but there are ways around it to be able to function in society at least semi-sucessfully.

2 Likes

Kudos that is a very long day.

2 Likes

Take care yourself including your child.

2 Likes

I wonder that too. And is there a specific purpose for each person in the world? I feel like a hamster on a wheel, just going through the motions, like I’m “supposed” to do.

1 Like

Its amazing what people are capable of. Some people can manage both work and school, I can only manage school because I’m too lazy.

My best and most memorable childhood memories are camping with my family! @Patrick is absolutely right; those things are what matter most. I don’t remember the presents or material things. Its the fun things we did, my parents hugs, them tucking me into bed, them telling me they were proud of me even in the face of adversity. The best thing a parent can do, is to say everyday, “I love you and I am proud of you”.

2 Likes

Thats a good a question. Hats off to them

I don’t condone abusing disability benefits or anything, but is this heavy work load risking your health; mental & physical? Your baby needs you physically and mentally healthy. Talk to your pdoc. I was approved years ago for social security disability when my old pdoc said I couldn’t work. But I was stable and my daughter was still alive so I wanted to work. I found a new pdoc and turned down the disability benefits, but it is comforting to know that if I can’t work due to sz, that SSD benefits are available for us with sz. The social security administration told me 90% of people with sz are approved. I received approval in 5 weeks. People with physical ailments fight for years, but we seem to get a pass (at least based on my experience and what they told me)

True I can probably get a doctors note. I mostly just don’t wanna leave on bad terms in case I need to use them as a reference someday

I was extremely lazy until bills became part of my life. Then it was like I had to work or I wouldn’t have food or be able to pay rent. I’m still lazy in ways like I dont like to do housework so sometimes I let it go for a while. But I have a feeling that will change soon and I’ll have to be on top of everything. No more slacking for me :persevere:

In California its a law that when an old employer gets called for a reference, he is not allowed to tell a prospective employer that you were fired. All that he can say is that you worked there.