How do I do that with schizophrenia

How to get rid of negative symptoms of schizophrenia? the doctor told me if you’re needing something make the opposite of it… is that means I shouldn’t use computer anymore? cause I felt that after 1 pill of halopreidol.

1 Like

There’s nothing that really gets rid of the negative symptoms, but sarcosine has been shown to be helpful. It’s a brain supplement.

2 Likes

okay, thank you so much

A supplement called NAC is supposed to help too.

Side Effects & Safety

N-acetyl cysteine is LIKELY SAFE for most adults, when used as a prescription medication. It can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea or constipation. Rarely, it can cause rashes, fever, headache, drowsiness, low blood pressure, and liver problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

When inhaled (breathed into the lungs), it can also cause swelling in the mouth, runny nose, drowsiness, clamminess, and chest tightness.

N-acetyl cysteine has an unpleasant odor that may make it hard to take.

Special Precautions & Warnings:

Pregnancy or breast-feeding : N-acetyl cysteine is POSSIBLY SAFE when taken by mouth, delivered through a hole in the windpipe, or breathed in. N-acetyl cysteine crosses the placenta, but there is no evidence so far linking it with harm to the unborn child or mother. However, N-acetyl cysteine should only be used in pregnant women when clearly needed, such as in cases of acetaminophen toxicity.

There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking N-acetyl cysteine if you are breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Allergy : Don’t use N-acetyl cysteine if you are allergic to acetyl cysteine.

Asthma : There is a concern that N-acetyl cysteine might cause bronchospasm in people with asthma if inhaled or taken by mouth or through a tube in the windpipe. If you take N-acetyl cysteine and have asthma, you should be monitored by your healthcare provider.

Bleeding disorder . N-acetyl cysteine might slow blood clotting. There is concern that N-acetyl cysteine might increase the risk of bruising and bleeding in people with bleeding disorders.

Surgery . N-acetyl cysteine might slow blood clotting. This might increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery. Stop taking N-acetyl cysteine at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.

1 Like

What symptoms are bothering you? Like lack of interest or motivation? I personally take antidepressants for that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.