How do I come off abilify maintena?

It’s making me jittery I’m spending too much eating too much I cant do my art no more because I’m jittery. Has anyone come off of it before and how do you do it ?

1 Like

Abilify does the same thing to me.

I’ve come off of it three times and it’s not easy.

You feel shitty for several months.

I think you should talk to your doctor about switching to tablets and decreasing your dosage if that’s what you want.

1 Like

actually I’m trying get back on it at the moment. I stopped taking it and regret it. I’ve never been on meds for more than 5 months. I’m turning 30 soon and I’m dedicated to , at this point in my life, getting and stayi on meds. I just can’t work without it. The prospect of being side affect free is tempting but… I really can’t so mich when I’m hearing voices all day… Just distracts from life more than mess. Not medicating will lead to a relapse even if you get a few months of freedom it’s overall not worth the endless cycle . Maybe consider ways you can adapt?

1 Like

Try Latuda? I heard that its best for cognitive symptoms, I was able to work full time a low stress job while on it. I stopped it bcz I had some positive symptoms on it but maybe you won’t. I was on Abilify for 8 years but could never work more than 1 month.

1 Like

Don’t stop your meds without telling your Dr.

1 Like

I want to know the same thing. How to come off a depot.