How did your illness affect your soul?

@Selah You may not know this but as soon as we start talking about religion in any way the moderators close the topic and that ends the discussion. There is a rule because people have such strong opinions on religion and there is too much fighting.
I have had a few of my discussions closed abruptly due to talking about religion.

The eye in the sky is ever changing so sometimes I’m at ease and sometimes I’m tossed aside to battle this disease alone.

1 Like

okay, thanks for the heads up.

It feels like I got put through a meat grinder spiritually. I think if my soul physically existed it would be covered in scars and look a right mess. I don’t think I’ll ever get over what I’ve been through, I honestly don’t think that’s how it works, but I have learned to live with it and not become paralyzed by all the horrible memories anymore. I may be covered in scars but scars are wounds that have healed, you know? They aren’t hurting me anymore though sometimes I look at them and feel sad. All metaphorically speaking of course.

3 Likes

I’m glad you have such positive manner towards your hurts.Mine,again are hard to heal,because I remember a lot.I can’t get over my past,cause there are so many good things that happen,and also terrible ones.

1 Like

I felt the same way. I think that wanting to not be bothered by anything anymore and just wanting to “get over it” are unrealistic goals. When you’ve been through terrible things they will never not bother you and you never just get over it. It’s all about learning how to live despite those things that have happened to you and eventually getting to the point where they don’t consume you anymore. It took me years of therapy and the right medication so the trauma stopped happening.

That is the thing I can’t afford in here.

I’m like @jukebox, I feel more bonded to Christ as a result of my sza illness.

2 Likes

Bruised with make-up on to cover it up.

I wrote this a long time ago.

My soul’s escaped into the wind…I can’t get it down again It’s dangling from a high branch. Help me put it back in. It always ccomes around…
Walking and walking - somewhere - and the sun’s almost gone down.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that it is a very hard thing to heal on your own

1 Like

Until my 30,church used to help me a lot,I found my peace there.I waked every day at afternoon hours,and I felt easier.It used to calm me,and …Nowadays It’s harder,and i’ve not been for a long time,especially that now I have many religuos intrusive thoughts.I find nowadays the therapist can only help,because I don’t find the peace in city where is so crowdy.Also,I would need to confess every day,but it is up to a priests,and they don’t care a lot about it.

is it possible to offer up our suffering/ sz illness as a type of penance for a total free pass to paradise after death?

That’s where I am now.Good thinking.

1 Like

in my case if I fully knew paradise awaits after death, it would totally stop my worrying/fear 2019

You know that religion talks are forbidden on the forum.If you wish to talk more,you must be careful.

My purpose and my soul have been taken from me and I feel dead spiritually. When I was more psychotic I was more spiritual or I felt that way. Now I’m just negative and dead feeling. Could it be the aps?

I really don’t feel like saying I’m damaged somehow because of it. If there is a soul it’s gotta be resilient by nature. I think it just changes my behavior and my tolerance level for difficult tasks, my soul is as cool as it ever was.

My soul… I’m optimistic at times, so I rally the strength I have to do what needs to get done. I do get weary of the illness. However, there’s nothing I can do to change the way things are. I have learned a lot with this illness regarding the “powers that be”. I have seen and heard much. I’m a reject in the sight of the highest power. My soul aches about that, but I believe there may yet be hope for my soul. At the present my soul stands on the promises that of which I believe in. Thus, It is well with my soul.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.