How did your illness affect your soul?

I feel like it destroyed me…I don’t have feelings of wellbeing.Just emptiness.

3 Likes

It’s the negative symptoms, they take away everything from me. No emotion, no motivation, no intrest.

1 Like

I don’t know what I’m about anymore to be honest. I switch interests with my mood they are always centred around music and memes

Yes @bluerose ,I feel the same.I listen often the bands that have some message to our souls,especially the Martin L Gore songs.They are deep and touch me.Like “Happens all the time”.The chorus is on my profile.

2 Likes

What soul. It was gone.

2 Likes

I think that music you are listening projects your state of soul.I used to be Blur,Lemonheads,but at the time that passed I tend to go deeper.Like @John_Raven I listened the metal at his age.I was the only one in elementary that liked it,and was hated for my teared jeans and long hair.But now I find no soothing effect on me,just noise.

2 Likes

Don’t say that.We only survive illness because someone or something that feeds his soul.I’m miserable because it’s so dark at times.

1 Like

@anon70049667, when I was psychotic, my soul was gone. That I have retrieved it to an extent is totally because of the goodness of others.

3 Likes

I don’t feel like myself, I used to smile at children and dogs, now I don’t as much, I have people harassing me, watching me, judging me, and threatening me.

4 Likes

I’m 45 yrs.When younger,I used to recover from situation,and get back on the tracks.Now I find my self,no matter how I try a bit bitter.I can’t back on horse for two years.

1 Like

I don’t have a soul or spirit nor do I believe in them. Mental illness affects the functioning of the brain which in effect controls a person’s overall well being.

1 Like

Thank you!..for letting us know!sir…

1 Like

I feel fuller inside and I like myself sometimes. Even if I go through times where I actually feel empty or numb, my brain will tell me that what I have achieved is quite amazing considering where I came from (with my illness and before my illness) and I have achieved more personally on a human level in these last three years than I could ever have dreamed. And I can feel good.

Sometimes I’m acting, sometimes it’s real but I have done some cool stuff that I’m rather proud of. Nothing spectacular but amazing nonetheless. I get people telling me I’m nice now. I get friendly glances from family and strangers. Unfortunately, as I’ve told @roxanna too, I live in an apartment that was built in the 1940’s where the walls and floors are like tissue paper and you can hear the neighbors sometimes. I’m taking sh*t from two dorks above and tough lady next door but more than often I give it back. It’s not funny (well sometimes it is, lol) but I win. I’m 58 and they’re in their forties probably so I realize they are struggling and doing the best they can (hopefully). It’s called maturity folks. But I don’t think of my soul, I let it take care of itself and it’s probably a good one. But man, I would sell my soul to Domino’s right now for a large cheese pizza.

1 Like

Thanks for replying.

1 Like

I don’t believe in souls…at least not in a literal sense. In a metaphorical sense i suppose i’ve experience some changes that aren’t good. Getting motivated is a huge problem for me. I just don’t have the get up and go that i used to have. Leaves me going without showering or exercising for a while. I hate it, i wish i had more pep.

1 Like

I feel hurt.I posted this subtle post wondering I would get some answers to my thread.I posted in DX’d,not lounge,because I thought people who’s souls are hurt by life circumstances will answer.I felt,if I’m open about it,people will share.I feel the matter of soul is very important for those who can’t fight bad spirits all the time.

My illness makes me unhappy.

1 Like

My illness or my meds (or both), make me into a sexless, virtuous being. And I guess I’m ok with that.

2 Likes

i believe I was bonded to Christ through my belief system where I talked with HIm daily when I was ill…I believe now that it really was Him…yes I am stable on meds…it’s just I feel closer to God after suffering so long.

4 Likes

I understand you.I feel the same…

1 Like