How did you guys find a job you love?

I’m trying to get my life together. I’m trying to get a job that I love for that I can live my life and stop being at my parents house. I only have a high-school diploma. I’m 27. Just wondering what you guys do for a living and what I could do. I’m lost and looking.

4 Likes

What are you interested in? Do you have any hobbies?

I was interested in computers since I was 12. It was my hobby.

Then I got a job using them and had a career in them until I was diagnosed.

2 Likes

I’m so awkward. I don’t know what interests me. Nothing, really. I just know that i want to help people or influence people in a positive way.

2 Likes

Can you find a work from home, call center job?

Would that be a job you can do?

1 Like

Have you ever been volunteering? Are there opportunities to do volunteering in your area? Maybe you could see if there’s something there you might be interested in? You’d be helping people straight away too.

1 Like

27 years old, wow. You know I see several obstacles in your life. That may prevent you from a job. Girlfriend Family with their small chores. Embodies with party habits. The best advice I can give. It’s one you’ll truly love. Go fill out the paperwork online for a factory job. Paying 20 or more dollars an hour. And I guarantee you’ll get it. The reason why is you have a clear background check. You’re young And willing to devote time to something useful. However, I don’t know what you’ll do with all that money you’ll make.

How about university? Is there something you want to study?

I don’t love my job but I can stand it. I’m a janitor and it’s easy work if you don’t mind vacuuming for 5 1/2 hours at a time (with a 1/2 hour lunch break) or cleaning 8 restrooms in one day. The pay is good, the hours are good and I have paid sick leave and paid vacation. I work alone 90% of the time which is how I like it. I report to our little janitors office first thing in the morning and they tell me what I’ll be doing for the day and then I’m off alone in the office building to work by myself all day.

3 Likes

You don’t. You don’t find a job you love.

Lol half kidding.

You find a job you can tolerate and manage with low enough stress so you can pay the bills and enjoy your life.

4 Likes

I have job in sales. Its pretty easy for me. It has various mundane aspects but I like to make deals. And i like the lower stress and relaxed pace of my workplace.
Not every workplace is like that though. So i was fortunate to land in that one.

1 Like

I guess that makes sense. I just don’t know where to start.

1 Like

Truth. I don’t like being in insurance, but I’m good at it and the pay is decent.

3 Likes

Id say just apply to jobs on the job posting sites that might be interesting. If they hire you and job isnt what you were hoping you can always quit and try a different one. Just leave it off your resume.
Apply for ones that ask for experience even though you might not have any.
Employers want experience but they will still hire even if you dont.

I went through 5 jobs in a few months a couple years ago when i had no idea what i wanted to do.

1 Like

Peer support work can give you that sense of purpose and fulfillment you are missing. Google what’s available to you in your area.

1 Like

I am also dreaming of getting a small job beside my pension so I have something fun to look forward to on a daily basis. I am just not so stable with my anxiety. But I hope, one day.
I am living by myself though.

I just recently started helping my boss at a toy and action figure museum. it’s a real kick…he gave away toys the whole time to boys in the action figure museum while I helped him…a real class act. anyways. I love it. He gave me three toys to give to needy kids I know. another gift was the willy wonka print framed I said I was saving up for…well, he just gave it to me ! now I’m saving up for the Bob Dylan print…almost four hundred dollars framed. I’m wondering if later he will turn me onto the Bob Dylan print.

I was off sick for just over a year recently. Literally only applied to jobs that I genuinely find interesting

Glad now that I am serving the public in my own way, and not beholden to the making of money for my masters

Sure still have bosses etc, but it actually means something to me

Wanted to be in the armed forces ever since I was a kid, but psychosis prevented me from doing this

But with the job thing, I have torched my life several times due to mental ill health

It can be disheartening to feel like you’re always trying to do your best but it’s not enough

For sure it has resulted in varied roles doing some very different things

As far as I am concerned, I will try and do my bit until I die to give back

If you have this sort of wish, there are many things you can do

Just try not to give up

I worked as a Walmart cashier and loved… Then sz popped it’s ugly head up and I had 11 jobs in 2 years… Needless to say I’m now disabled

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.