Schizophrenia.com

How did staying on meds change your life?

the meds saved me. I would have been dead without them.
I can’t work anymore but i have some things i like and i manage to get through the days well now.

2 Likes

I’m going to tell my doctor to lower my risperdal dose down to 3mg.
I think she’ll agree.

I was doing well at 3mg before dropping Depakote.

If all goes well I’ll ask to go down to 2mg but I don’t know if she’ll agree to this.

This won’t happen right away.

3 Likes

Are you having symptoms now @Wave ? What’s going on?

1 Like

Still having symptoms. Just got my meds upped that i start tonight. Lets hope cause the voices are back. Lucifer talked to me again.

2 Likes

Meds saved my life from death/crime but at the same time gave me a low quality life with severe negative and some cognitive symptoms. A win is a win overall. I am better than off meds.

3 Likes

No I haven’t had any major mood symptoms since coming off the Depakote @SkinnyMe.
That’s the thing.
So I’m going to see if I could go down on my risperdal dose a bit.

I was doing well on 3mg before coming off the Depakote.

I’ll see what she says.

3 Likes

@Wave , Are you having any psychotic symptoms or paranoia? Because if you are, I doubt she’ll decrease your Risperdal.

And if you are paranoid and/or psychotic in other ways without any mood symptoms, I would mention that to your doctor because it certainly strengthens your case that you are sza and not bipolar.

1 Like

I went unmedicated for years (7 years). Then I started trying meds. I was reluctant to try aps so I avoided those until I realized they could help as needed. but I started struggling more in the past year so I landed on ziprasidone. It seems to help so far, I dont have any side effects on it so thats great.

1 Like

Being med compliant has allowed me to have a productive and enjoyable life.

3 Likes

I lost my drivers license for two years whilst I was not being compliant on meds.

Once I realised that if I took them I’d stay out of the hospital, I got a lot better.

Finding one with acceptable side effects has been the biggest challenge, but that has been sorted now.

My fear is the drug might stop working, or I may have to change, but I will deal with that if it happens

1 Like

Staying on meds made me to get a job in worlds largest corporate training company. And worked there for 3.5 years unfortunately had to quit due to delusion and paranoid thoughts.
I think it put me off track due to cigs.

2 Likes

Mission accomplished I got my abilify and have been taking it fpr about 5 days now. Couldn’t be happie. Voices are fading. Does anyone know how long it usually takes abilify to work?