How did schizophrenia start for you?

I felt like I was being watched by something I couldn’t see. Then it turned into delusions, visual hallucinations, and hearing voices. I also have felt, tasted, and smelled things others couldn’t

@rainbowstars This sounds similar to me but I’m scared because I don’t want to have schizophrenia or be diagnosed with it. I keep waiting for the symptoms to go away but they keep getting more intense :\ .

Only meds may stop your symptoms.

I agree with this. Although it didn’t stop me from wanting to trigger myself for more episodes, being that the first one was so “good”.

Nobody knows what to prescribe me. The GP says it’s up to the mental health team because they’re the experts but then they just act surprised when I tell them that the GP hasn’t given me any.

To be honest, I don’t even know what’s happening with me. Every appointment I attend, I just get asked loads of questions and there doesn’t seem to be any treatment plan. Maybe I’m being impatient.

What about the pdoc?

She’s moved away to a different city :joy: @zeno

Can’t you try her meds meanwhile? Does the mental health team know about her prescription?

@zeno Yeah but they just gave vague opinions like “you need to weigh out the pros and cons of the medication to decide if it’s worth it for you”. + I only see them once every 2 weeks. They don’t seem to think it’s obligatory or anything.

I think I’ll just self medicate for the time being, aka keep whispering “shut up, shut up, shut up, go away, go away, go away” under my breath.

Edit: The meds she prescribed is quetiapine. Sounds like some kind of poison you’d use in chemistry class.

???
Many here are on it. :slight_smile:

Believed I could communicate with spirit guides which turned into believing I was psychic and had powers which turned into believing I could communicate with other people living and dead through communication through the spirit guides. I even heard my friends’ voices in my head and saw their spirit guides. Ugh long story and I’ve been wanting to write about it, but I’m no good at writing. In the end of course it sounds so stupid.

I don’t think that it sounds stupid. :slight_smile:

Aww thank you =)

DAs long as i can remember i’ve always experienced depersonalization and derealization. It started out with negative symptoms in high school but i was only diagnosed with depression. Then at the end of 2015 i began to get paranoid. I started thinking i was being hacked and followed.

Then it eacalated into thinking that my family was in trouble. I remember one night driving home i had to call my mom and make sure everything was okay at the house. Then i started getting obsessed with freemasons. I thought my entire family were masons (i honestly still have suspicions about that). I thought any combination of numbers meant something. I got obsessed with the meanings of numbers.

I started getting paranoid thinking that my parents were going to kill me because i found out. I thought my family was replaced with imposters and that they were going to kill me. This was when the psychosis was at its fullest. All of this happened over the span of about a month. I had to be hospitalized for a week.

There’s more to it than that i just wrote a basic summary.

1 Like

Watching conspiracy theory videos.

1 Like

It started when I was raped. That triggered my downfall.

@Blossom

Are you okay now?

No, not really; I have PTSD now. The first time was 6 years ago, though, and I’m a lot better now than I was then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Slowly over a period of a couple of years I started being paranoid, then became delusional and had panic attacks, and finally had a few hallucinations plus got depressed. I kept it all to myself and had no real idea there was anything wrong with me. I became withdrawn which must have tipped off my parents that there was something wrong.

inanimate objects developed human consciousness and began communicating with me

1 Like