How "consistent" are you?

For instance, today I feel like I could get stuff done. But tomorrow I might feel like I just want to crawl into a corner.

My good days are just spent recovering from my bad days therefore.

I feel if I had a more consistent / even experience I could get stuff done. Part of me feels I should be grateful for not having all bad days though.

7 Likes

I’m the same way. Usually I can tell how my day is going to be by how I feel right when I wake up. If the symptoms are bad in the morning I’ll probably have a bad day.

2 Likes

I can’t get anything done, and moreover schizophrenia has affected me already in prodromal stage.

1 Like

I am very inconsistent. Like you, my good days are spent catching up. It’s frustrating because on my good days I could work and am fairly independent but on my really bad days, it’s entirely the opposite. This has made applying for disability hard and has put an added strain on my relationship with my husband, as he never knows when to step back.

1 Like

I’m consistent enough. I am able to push past most negative days by thinking about how I could end up homeless if I don’t pull it together. Sometimes I just get so depressed that I can only barely make it to school and back, and can’t focus enough to study.

1 Like

yep no consistency at all
good productive days last for up to a week then everything falls apart

1 Like

I have my good days and bad days, but I try to factor that into my planning. For example, I use artificial deadlines (deadlines that are sooner than the real deadlines) to allow for the bad days.

2 Likes

Super inconsistent.

I prefer the seemingly more fun term “unpredictable”.

For the last few days, I’ve been super reasonable and productive. Which only ever lasts a few days.

This weekend, I went to a crowded festival even though I didn’t want to. I actually enjoyed and managed to not yell at any strangers. (Children don’t count, right?)

Yesterday, I hit life hard, got everything clean, shopped, got all my errands done, did a little research I’ve been putting off for a month, all sorts of stuff.

Today, its over and I can feel it. I’m still in my pajamas and have possible afternoon plans that require real cloths, and I will be waiting until the every last minute to look decent. I’m just sitting around trying to figure out ways I can start a fight, just out of nowhere.

I’ll just be like this for a few days until it all flips again.

2 Likes

yup! well put, that’s exactly how I feel - my good days are spent recovering from my bad days. I love it, I want a t-shirt that says that, or a bumper sticker.

edit: or a tattoo lol

1 Like

I’m like the wind.

5 Likes

I just enjoy the good days. I dont do things.
in my bad days I cant do things either.
so i never do things.

2 Likes

I am completely "inconsistent"
High energy then low misery then crazy creativity… This is why I can not have a job.

1 Like

I’m very consistent in mood and thought. My mood is very even and stable. I feel content. Ideas of reference stay the same. Day after day.

1 Like

Mr. Consistent and Ms. Consistent.

2 Likes

Inconsistent. Good days within bad days. If I can make it through the afternoon, from 11 am to 3 pm, I’m all right. I tell myself not to generalize.

1 Like

Wow I can relate to this so much. Right back from my early teens.

1 Like