How close are you to your psychiatrist?

I’ve only talked to her once, but she seems very smart.

I’ve also only talked to my current psych nurse once, but I’m gonna see her again in two weeks. She seems very down to earth.

I just got my new pdoc, so I’m not very close to him. I was a bit closer to my last pdoc because I had him for 21 years, but not much closer. I’m intimidated by doctors. They are so smart and so much higher on the social strata than me that they intimidate me, so, I am a bit scared of them.

Not close at all, just go for the meds a brief conversation then I leave for another 3 months

I’m very close with my psychiatrist. I even have his cell. He is a md,pa,Phd. If I’m wigging on off hours I can leave vm and he calls me back. No charge. He feels bad for me I know, but he really cares. Sad thing is in 60s. His staff rocks, too. They get preauths to insurance company and do refills like it’s a breeze.

the nurse practitioner i see is very sweet and i like her a lot, i always give her hugs when i go to leave. once in a phone call im pretty sure she slipped and said love you, i guess out of habit of saying that to loved ones at the end of phone calls :laughing:

1 Like

My psychiatrist is great. I see her every month and have seen her for a couple of years now. I would say we are relatively close. I feel comfortable talking to her, and she certainly takes time to listen. My previous pdoc spent all of three minutes with me each visit, just changing my meds and trying to put me in the hospital. This one actually listens and makes an informed decision on whether or not to change my meds. So I like her.

I keep some things to myself with my psychologist. I trust her more than I did though.

My shrink is good. Top shelf and much in demand. I have a decent professional relationship. He’s pretty down to earth and ever swears on occasion. We talk shop then usually talk about cricket. He follows the cricket which is good. I see him once every 6 weeks for about 10 minutes usually tops. Most times less.

It’s as good as it can be considering the modern world.

yeah my visits are pretty short also. we don’t have much of a relationship, I would really prefer a man who’s not threatened by me.

she was concerned about me flipping out on hospital staff over them trying to medicate me in the first place. so she put me on a high dose of ap…total bs imo

I had a really nice nurse practitioner that I saw monthly. She was great and we were close. I told her everything. She left and I now see a pdoc who is nice but i only see her for about five minutes every month. Mainly I see her for meds only.

Dont got one, nor do i take meds they dont help, i just try to deal with it myself as i always have

we are not close at all.
she’s great professional though and takes my symptoms seriously. and that’s what i want anyway…

My appointments are only 15 minutes. I go once per month. After they find something that works, I suspect it will be once every 3 or 6 months.

There is no relationship. He is basically a machine. Input: medicine, length of time on medicine, side effects, effect of medicine(good or bad).

pdoc machine- out put: increase dose, change, name of new medicine if applicable.

Thankyou for using pdoc self check out. Come again soon.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.