How cautious are you?

I’m more cautious than most of the people where I live. When there is a tornado warning I knock on everyone’s door, even if is very late, and tell them there is a tornado warning. But I’m the only one who goes to the lowest place with the most walls around it in our building. When they give a “tornado warning” that is the time when I always seek shelter. I’ve been through a couple of hundred tornado warnings, and I have never been in a tornado, but I figure that the time when I disregard a tornado warning is the time when I will be caught by one of those storms. There are other ways I’m very cautious too.

5 Likes

yes, very.

I never know in a 4 lane street, I’m in the right lane,
if I should pull over for a fire truck blaring coming up
from behind, but I always do,

and other drivers have blared their horns at me
for stopping, since there’s no shoulder.

Even my daughter in the car said one time,
Mom, what are you doing?

what, do they think I’m outta my mind?

2 Likes

I am pretty cautious as a rule. I don’t even own a driving license, too easily distracted and that’s dangerous behind the wheel. We don’t have tornados here, but we do get earthquakes occasionally. Last time we did, I jumped out of my bed and took shelter, even though I was sleeping profoundly. Somehow my survival instincts kicked in instantly.
I’ve been careless with my finances though at several times in my life. I regret it now.

2 Likes

I’m a bit OCD, so I check the stove several times before I leave the house.

1 Like

Prevention is key so I am cautious not to act negatively because I know the universe will make me pay if I do. The universe law of retribution is not proven by science but it never fails.

2 Likes

I used to be very very cautious. But lately that’s changed.

1 Like

There are a few negative behaviors I’ve done that I will have a hard time living down. I wasn’t on my med’s at the time, but that is an excuse that only goes so far. Now I’m on med’s that control my symptoms and that I can tolerate, so now I have to soberly decide what I am guilty of and what things I have the right to object to.

That’s the law here. I don’t care what other drivers do I pull over even if it’s coming from the other direction. Most other drivers do too.

2 Likes

At work, very. Same behind the wheel. I also heed weather warnings.

1 Like

I am the same with tornado warnings, crimby…the most cautious I am is about falling down…I know too many cases where old people fall down and seriously hurt themselves…so I don’t fall usually…haven’t yet. anyways.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.