How can you gain a kilogram in a day?!

On Atkins diet. Lost 2.5 kilograms (about 5lb) in about 20 days. Then today weighed myself and gained a kilogram since yesterday.

This is not motivating me !! :persevere:

Maybe I fell through a wormhole into a parallel universe. :circus_tent:

3 Likes

awww come on!!! it always fluctuates!

me too always get +1 , -1 on and off until -2

2 Likes

Several things may have happened:

• you ate a lot since yesterday
  • you drank a lot of water and didn’t yet eliminate it
  • the scales have gone awry (it often happens especially with mechanical ones; not sure about digital ones)
  • you are wearing different set of clothes today, or shoes/boots (these are heavy)
  • you forgot your previous weight and now live under the impression that you’ve gained a kilo but it might be false
2 Likes

I just weighed myself and it shows 2 kgs heavier

1 Like

Oh geez. What’s going on with our scales?!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: imagine it goes 2 and 2 every other day :sweat_smile:

I do not care really bc it is incorrect. I have drank at least 1 litre combination of vitamins coffee water in the past 1 hour.

1 Like

Went to chipotle got a burrito. Weighed about a pound. Maybe that is your problem. Stuff like water weight and maybe the fact that you just ate. You might be comparing when you were starving to when you were full. Also clothes unless you are naked both times.

Yeah it can change quite easily so up or down 1 isn’t a bad thing. When I moved to New Orleans they always said you gained 10lbs in the first month from all the food…I reckon I did that in 1 week. Gawd I ate well and enjoyed it tough :slight_smile:

1 Like

i weigh my lowest weight in the morning on an empty stomach, after eating and drinking water i weigh 4-5 pounds heavier it is just a fluctuation

1 Like

A gallon of water weighs over 8 pounds so if you drink even a little bit of water it can change your weight quite a bit.

1 Like

It can depend on what time of day you weighed yourself. I find I can weigh less in the morning than at night. Weight loss is a weird thing. There’s a thing called a plateau. You can be going along losing a few pounds a week for months and then for some reason your weight loss will stall. You will be eating the same things but you won’t be gaining anything but you won’t be losing anything. Its a plateau. The plateau may last a few weeks or a month. Many dieters get discouraged by this but if you make a few subtle changes your body will get back on track.

1 Like

Must be all that jewelry that weighs so much.

1 Like

One way you can gain a kilogram in a day is through fluid retention. You can gain shocking amounts of weight this way. During the wrestling season in high school we used to gain and lose shocking amounts of weight by sweating out fluids and then drinking huge amounts of water once we made weight. One time I was so dehydrated that I was able to gain twelve pounds over night by ingesting fluids. I increased my body weight by ten per cent over night.

1 Like