How can the communities that farm the food be such food deserts?

grocery stores are better in the city from my experience, than they are in rural areas. just the essentials here at my new place, i can’t even get romaine lettuce in town. maybe it’s just the people and culture, that they only want meat, eggs, milk, and potatoes?

Hmmm. Idk.

1 Like

things i can’t get here. garbanzo beans, black beans, frozen berries, kale, romaine lettuce, quinoa, pomegranate juice, pumpkin seeds, pistachios. but if i drive 15 miles i can get it.

no avocados either, but i don’t eat avocados

1 Like

a few things i can get here. bananas, apples, spinach, corn, peas, tomatoes, onions, rice, olive oil, yogurt, shredded cheese

and some more things i can’t get here, whey protein powder, plant based milks, sweet potato fries

but they are always advertising fresh meats.

That’s tough. How far do you have to drive to get things like whey and plant based milk?

i said 15 miles, but it’s actually 12 miles, in my hometown. i don’t like to go there, because i don’t want to run into someone i used to know, but i have no choice.

1 Like

Oh, sorry I missed that. Well, that is pretty far. I’d find that frustrating.

1 Like

We want the same selection you get in the city, but the population density is too low in rural areas to support the business case for carrying that much inventory, particularly stuff that spoils quickly. It’s a numbers issue.

2 Likes

I live in a very small town with little selection. I have to order many things online. I buy many things online bulk to save money too because things are more expensive in a small town. But with fresh produce and dairy obviously I have to settle for what they have, which is crap.

2 Likes

All we get are Peruvian avocados, and I don’t like them. I have to have Avocados from Mexico.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.