How can I take this forum with a grain of salt?

I get angry when I reply to a thread trying to help someone and they don’t like my post or when another member argues with what I post or when I tag someone and they don’t respond

7 Likes

Some people like to one up people to feel good about themselves. Subjective relativism. Everyone has their own truth under this framework. Never argue with a schizophrenic. Most have all the free time in the world to argue. People with no filter often feel condemned by their inner critic to project that condemnation towards others. Not too mention the mental baggage people carry and all of their biases. Don’t take what anyone says to serious or you will find yourself seeing everything as overly critical. The greatest law to follow is love. Love casts away all burdens. Always come from a place of love. Hope you have a good day. Good things.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Just be yourself act naturally

2 Likes

@anon80490300
Its really good to discuss - even if we have different experiences with this illness.

Some of us feel hopeless as it has taken away so much for so long. And medical teams don’t acknowledge that they have no solution for certain symptoms.

Some have symptoms that are under control others don’t - and meds are not doing anything for them.

But maybe one day a person will get better - and remember your post and be like yeah.

2 Likes

Not to nitpick but that’s more than a grain, lol

1 Like

I don’t get angry but I think it happens to all of us. I’ve created threads that went nowhere, or wrote responses that didn’t get replies.

1 Like

Noone can mentally and physically be there to reply to everything
I personally do tick ‘like’ to a lot of posts and reply to people
But i don’t every single time get a reply back
Its the way the forum is set up as well
Because topics are constantly moving down the page
So we all miss things
Nothings perfect

Hope this helps

2 Likes

I am generous to a fault.

[ bites @headspark’s ankles 9x before disappearing into a space/time rift under the sofa ]

:grin:

2 Likes

Your breath must hum with all those smelly ankles
Go brush ya teeth lmao

Extra strong Polident for the win!

1 Like

Extra strong :muscle: :clap: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Take everything with a grain of salt. It tastes better.

1 Like

All jokes aside, this is not a place you come to expecting to meet other healthy people. There will be varying levels of dysfunction.

4 Likes

Honestly I used to get riled up, but I took a step back and realized no type of forum or social media platform is worth having my day wasted by rumination. Just be chill, go with the flow, and try not to get too invested with people seeing your point of view. That’s actually a good rule to follow in real life too.

I love this site and those who post here, and this is often my only outlet for any type of social interaction. With that being said, I’m just happier when I don’t take anything on the internet too seriously, as it just isn’t worth it.

I offer advice, or a point of view, but it’s not up to me if people accept them. That’s okay, as we all come from different backgrounds and have had different experiences. I’ll always call out creeps and bigots, but I’m not going to lose sleep or get dragged into a serious argument over it anymore.

3 Likes

Getting angry about it sounds normal to me.

1 Like

It’s easy to forget, if you’ve spent a lot of time here, that we’re all struggling with the world’s worst mental disorder. Someone acts normal long enough and we forget that they’re gonna have bad days. At the end of the day we just need to give each other a break when the disease affects our behavior now and then.

2 Likes

Try not allowing your self worth to be determined by how people react on a forum. All you can do is try to help people. If you were earnest and sincere about it, that should comfort you and you shouldn’t worry about how the advice was taken. Good energy put out is still good energy put out and it makes this world a better place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do like it when ppl reply to me when I say something to them but if they don’t respond I try my best to stay open minded

2 Likes

Also I remind myself that we all have unique personalities.

Sometimes ppl don’t like ppl.

It’s no need for murder though.

2 Likes