Schizophrenia.com

How can I feel motivated after I'm scared?

Hello! I always feel anxious because of my family. I have different goals like losing weight and improving in my design job but all the time I just sit on the couch and don’t do anything. I feel anxious about what they might say or disagree with. I’m 25 and they still tell me what to do. I just wanna say this is my life and I should be the person who makes my personal life choices.

I can understand, my family have this effect on me too.

The best way to deal with it is to minimise and ignore contact with them as much as possible.

I hear you. I speak about gripes regarding my folks often on here.

My Dad is the ‘strong, silent type’. But like, now it feels like we all have to be.

My folks outsource talkings of thoughts/feelings to my PDoc and therapist.

But it’s just not fair!!! This stuff matters and it happens to be my wheelhouse.

Do you still live with your parents?

I feel like it doesn’t matter if you’re ten or 45, if you live with your parents their going to tell you what to do.

I’m living with my in-laws right now and they definitely have that parenting a child vibe often. Not because they think we’re incapable, but because they want what they think is best.

2 Likes

Yes, I live with my parents, :slight_smile: but I wanna move out.

1 Like

I think you’ve just got to accept that they won’t see you as a full adult until you’re in your own space. They just want what’s best. But their idea of what’s best isn’t going to agree with yours.

2 Likes

I agree with @LED .

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.