How bight were you when your were in school?

hey guys as above. i was a straight a student then schizophrenia blasted it all away

1 Like

you should read Damien, by Herman Hesse.

it really isn’t all that important to be a straight A student.

1 Like

I did score in the top 1% for every subject in secondary school aged 16/17.

My years in college/sixth form is when promordial symptoms arose which may have caused me to falter.

I vary between able mind and non able mind atm in my studies.

1 Like

Bill Gates was a dropout.

The school you attend, and your marks don’t really matter.

If you have a sense of purpose in life and work hard at your talents, all of your obstacles will fall by the way side.

3 Likes

Don’t attach yourself to a grade, college, job but to a mission, a purpose and you won’t be disappointed.

2 Likes

The classic, academic underachiever.

1 Like

I was average. B student.

2 Likes

I didnt like school.
I was not studying for it.
I prefered music, poetry, philosophy etc.

2 Likes

I got mostly B’s in school. Which unlike in America is perfectly fine. Not the smartest kid, but not stupid either.

2 Likes

I was in all the top classes, and in middle school I was the same aptitude as someone in high school

They did nothing to nature my intelligence, and I got bored and behaved badly as a result

Then I started doing drugs at the age of 11

Being autistic and going to a state school is not a good mix at all

1 Like

Same, graduated high school with an A average. Struck down with mental illness in University and had to drop out, my grades tanked.

I am so happy school is over and I can study what I like.

1 Like

Being autistic, and going to boarding school is probably even worse. In fact going to any school as an autistic person is problematic. You’re likely to be bullied and treated like s*** whichever school you go to. If you’re lucky you heal from the bullying etc . If not you end up seriously underachieving at school , with long term mental health problems to follow. Any potential you had obliterated.

Is it any wonder so many autistic people commit suicide.

1 Like

I think the problem is kids/teenagers can be very nasty to each other if given an inch.

The thing that frustrates me is that looking back it was so abundantly clear what the issues were, and it angers me that only perhaps 1 teacher vouched for me and tried to help

All the other teachers just saw me as a problem child, and a lost cause

Truth is they needed to adapt their approach

I hope my nieces and nephews get better schooling in 2021 than I did in 2003

2 Likes

I got decent grades in high school and college.

It was when I decided 2 go to Uni that all hell broke loose.

Couldn’t handle the workload and had psychosis.

I was cool tho. Lol.

:grin:

1 Like

i was in the A class at school but really i should nt have been as i was not a “capable” student…in ways i was naive and vulnerable…i only got into the A class due to the fact i was a hard worker…but really i was not able for it…because i was a bit stupid the other students in the class bullied me mercilessly…that school F’d me over. Im just glad its in the past

Kind of ironic.

I was a B student. Looking back I wish I would have screwed around like everyone else.

:smiley:

1 Like

I was a outsider. A loner. I sat all the way back in the classroom which I was comfortable with. My grades were about average.

I was all over the place. I was a national merit scholarship finalist, but I often came to class stoned. One time I smoked two, fat joints in a car with the windows rolled up before class. When I came to class I smelled so strong of marijuana the girl sitting in front of me turned around and went “Gawd!” I joined the army after I graduated, and when I was in everybody drank alcoholically. Back then the army was like a factory that produced alcoholics.

1 Like