How bad do you hate mental hospitals?

I don’t like mental hospitals and don’t think they help. In Belgium they don’t keep you safe either. You’re allowed to keep razors etc. Not going back unless I am forced.

I dont care for them its tedious

Omgosh. Here they would never allow that. Some countries get all the luck.

OT 8-10/10 Seeing as how long they took to find me a medicine that worked that nearly killed me.

1 Like

Over here they just spammed me with benzos lol.

2 Likes

There is some variation of the quality of the mental hospitals I’ve been in. In the first one I was in they fed us a lot of very nice food. Sometimes we got lobster. There was always a box of donuts sitting out. I had mixed emotions about it. I loved the food, but it made us put on weight. They had a large swimming pool we could swim in. I’ve been to a couple of mental hospitals that were attempts to create the same environment as a plush, private mental hospital, if that is the right way to put it. They had a lot of activities, which were pretty good. In one of them they set up a cloth bowling lane in its gym to roll light “bowling balls” at light pins. It wasn’t as good as a bowling alley, but it was still fun. We spent a lot of time in group. At a few mental hospitals they pretty much left you alone. I guess they figured that if the sequestered you, put you on med’s, and gave you four months to calm down you’d be okay. What determined how I felt about a hospital the most was what kind of medications they put me on. I hate, hate, hate any place where they put me on a typical AP.

Lol I would’ve much preferred that some Ativan or Valium. I could barely sit up and speak on the haldol and it made me vomit one of the worst weeks of my life!

The one I was in for 6 months felt too sterile. A lot of down time where I was just watching supernatural all day because we only had 6 channels.

Mental hospitals can be heaven or hell. You can check out but you can’t leave. Depends on the kind of psychosis you got and the pdocs.

I detest mental hospitals. I would rather die than go back to one.

VA mental hospitals took all of my clothes and locked me in a room. I heard that you can’t even smoke anymore. Am I a criminal? The nurses ignored me, wouldn’t answer any questions. I had to eat slop with a spoon (everybody knows that you can’t snap the head off of a plastic spoon).

Psychiatrists have too much power. I can’t think of another doctor with so much power. The power difference between a psychiatrist and a patient is absurd.

You may be thinking that I was suicidal. I wasn’t. I just said I was depressed in VA chat. Cops knocked on door. Took me to mental hospital.

Congratulations, VA mental hospital.

2 Likes

I was in psych ward not a mental hospital. I went to a mental hospital for a program once. The stupid lady who was showing me around asked me what i thought about it and i said it looked like a scary place and she nodded but then she was like no and shook her head. All the windows had crosses in them like crucifixes not just typical four part divided panes. The hospital was old and it had a very minimal number of patients. I had a good look around and in one room there was an old mental patient in the employment program who was shredding paper. Just shredding sheets of paper for hours. I went to the hospital for a couple of weeks until my disability came through and then quit. That program paid 4 dollars an hour.

1 Like

I dislike wards.

Before having sz I had a fear of mental hospitals. I thought they torture ppl there and make them live in horrible conditions.

1 Like

Well, I’m still young. Give it time. I might have to go on more expensive drugs on higher doses in the future.

And may as in I will have to.

In general I don’t like them.

However, the mental health facility I was in was very nice, the hospitals not so much.

Boring! I am not old or demented.

Actually they do.

1 Like

I like psych hospitals but i do kinda bore of them after a few weeks. I like anything therapy minded

I prefer to be around sane people… they keep me grounded. I spent a lot of time chatting with staff during my hospitalizations.

That is not to say I didn’t befriend patients, it really depended on how hostile they seemed. One time I made a few friends when they put me on the smaller ward.

I met my girlfriend in a psych ward — I had issues staying busy and not bored — I’m a 6.5 on tolerance, haven’t been to one in like 6 years — it’s like a break from reality, however I deal with issues at home :upside_down_face:

1 Like