How are you coping?

@NotSeksoEmpirico

I saw your post and was worried about you. How are you doing lately? I hope you are coping well?

2 Likes

Fine and dandy as usual. Sorry I had you worried, I appreciate the concern. :slightly_smiling_face: Also thanks to @Om_Sadasiva, @StarCrazy, @Bowens among others.

4 Likes

Glad you’re back.
Did you get some help or anything? The one where you were talking about having killed yourself a week ago was very “unusual”

1 Like

I’m OK, I am as good as dead, but others would simply call it the human condition.

1 Like

Glad to know you are well and alive. Have you still got your brains as a living zombie in the human condition? :wink:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far.

1 Like

We had a discussion on determinism and freewill while you were away. I’d love to know your take on it?

1 Like

How do you know being dead feels bad though? Like it must be comfy not feeling any pain or doubt etc.

2 Likes

Bruh.

We deal with some pretty heavy stuff.

You shouldn’t go around encouraging others with thoughts like that.

1 Like

It must be rough imo as it is the opposite of being alive. And being alive on this planet is something that should be cherished.

1 Like

I didn’t intend to encourage him to kill himself lol.
But “as good as dead” just seems like an odd phrase to express your current situation when the living cant experience unlife.

How do you know being dead does feel bad?

1 Like

That’s an easy one: no free will, unless you’re planning to commit a serious crime.

1 Like

Why the get out clause for serious crimes?

I could give the standard compatibilist answer to that question -sort of the idea that knowing there is no free will doesn’t prevent us from responding to antisocial behaviour as if we did believe in free will -but I’ll concentrate on a fun argument instead: the old, often false, clichĂ© that great effects require great causes, or extraordinary events require extraordinary explanations. In this case the extraordinary explanation would the existence of free will. Unfortunately for this argument there is nothing extraordinary about serious crime

1 Like

I agree, we were technically ‘dead’ before we were born and that was perfectly fine.

1 Like

I appreciate the concern but i honestly don’t think he was trying to encourage me in any way. It’s more the idea that we can draw comfort from knowing we are mortal.

1 Like

Welcome back @NotSeksoEmpirico

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.