How are you about doubt?

Lots of things in life fall in the “gray area” category. Not as simple as black and white. Sometimes pdocs act like everything is so simple and it’s not.

2 Likes

Or did you ever get the “It’s all in your head” argument when daring to speak out about abuse?

2 Likes

I myself think we need doubt, as well as faith. Doubt keeps us honest.
I agree that to really understand you have to see both black and white, the gray areas.

1 Like

I got the “you were 11, nothing bad could have possibly happened to you we were right by your side”.

So yes

1 Like

After I told my first pdoc about my head injury where I literally died in the hospital, and then my psychosis a year later where I was tazed twice by cops, he told me I was making things seem worse than they really were, I walked out of his office and never spoke to him again. The only medical staff I respect are ER staff, I can’t tell you how many obese nurses that were bigger than me that made fun of me for being over weight.

1 Like

I’ve had people undermine my struggles. I don’t like that.

The subject of “doubt” is a broad catagory. Some things you should doubt, and some things you shouldn’t. You shouldn’t doubt the value of human life, the evil of unnecessary suffering, and so on. Everything else you should doubt.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.