House Poll: Would you rather?

Would you rather have a house closer to the city, where there’s more crime, but cheaper prices,

Or,

A more expensive house in a prestigious area?

• City House
  • Fancy House

0 voters

1 Like

Depends how far from the city the fancy house would be, and what kind of crime there’d be more of in the town house.

I’d love to live in a quiet suburb. Nothing too fancy, cause I wouldn’t feel welcome. Close enough to the city that commute is manageable, but far enough that it won’t be dirty and noisy.

3 Likes

Depends on a lot of things. We live in a relatively high crime town, but on a weird street that isn’t a target because it is hard to get to. I like living close to the city because we have so much to do, and because we don’t really fit in with the type of people who live in the suburbs. I like my neighbors and I like my house and I like my location.

3 Likes

the older i get, i have no desire to be in a big city, if everything i need is in town or small city, im good to go. the only thing is i don’t want to drive, so i may end up moving somewhere i can walk or ride a bicycle. my ideal life would be living somewhere in picteuresque nature, close to a beach or secluded woods or mountains or something. it’s hard to find a nice place in nature, where you can get around without a car.

i think my dream location is a ski town, those get pricey

2 Likes

I dont have the money for it, but i would like to live in a better and quieter area. And it isnt even that bad here. If i had that kind of money, i would choose the fancy house over the criminal area. It wouldnt have to be prestigious, and i dont care about a fancy house, i would just like a calm and peaceful neighbourhood. It would be better for my kid.

2 Likes

I would like a bungalow and then I’d have a dog and a cat
Other than that I’d like to live in a psh apartment near city centre

3 Likes

Crime is bad in the city and country, they have been targeting country here cause cops take longer to get there, one farmer fired a waning shot and it hit the guy after bouncing off some equipment.

4 Likes

I’d rather live in a suburb, but not in a fancy house. Just a regular middle class home for me

3 Likes

As rural as reasonably possible. Don’t want to be in the city during SHTF.

7 Likes

oh for sure the fancy house…I am an architect and used to live in my dream home when I was married…miss it so much…enjoy your life if you can…it’s the only one you got. for me, safety is everything…that’s why I live in a small town.

4 Likes

How’s the move going so far Rexy?

I didn’t vote but if you have the finances to be safe and comfortable then that is the route I would take.

:rainbow:

1 Like

If I could afford it, I would take the more expensive house in a nicer area.

2 Likes

The move is going okay so far.

We have to solid leads on houses and are working on them.

I can’t believe so many people voted for the fancy house!

We’ll see how it shakes out in the end,

I may have a fancy house,

I may have a practical house.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Getting robbed sucks azz though.

1 Like

Lots of little towns around hubby’s job though right?

Yeah,

Been there.

It’s not fun.

If we go for a bigger house near the city,

We’ll invest in a good alarm/camera system.

And yes, there are lots of little towns all around his work,

Though he’s mostly remote now.

1 Like

Neither I’d rather have a cheap house in a small town

3 Likes

Little towns rock. You have to make your own fun but other than that they are awesome.

3 Likes

I’m all for option three… I live in the country, I am half an hour away from the nearest city, but it is not terribly expensive and I love it here. There is a small town about 10 minutes away for groceries, and they have a pharmacy … I’m set for life LOL

3 Likes

I am living my dream: In a semi fancy, affordable apartment in the city center but safe area where transportation is accessible.

3 Likes