Hospitalisation and university

Has anyone here have had to be hospitalised multiple and then became better? Did you end up going back to university/college and finishing your degree?:unicorn:

Hey, I’ve been hospitalized a few times, as a kid and as an adult. I managed to just barely graduate college. As they say, Ds get degrees!

3 Likes

I never finished my degree. I tried over and over again but just couldn’t do it. I was seeing spaceships inside the school. And I became obsessed with the walls there. I would just stare at them and touch them.

2 Likes

We do have a few university students, currently. Many of them are doing quite well in school.

1 Like

I’m currently a student. I’ve had to take some breaks for episodes, so I am a bit behind, but I still go and get good grades. If you want to go back to school I really recommend teaching yourself a hobby to get yourself used to focusing and working first, and then moving to longer projects/ reading. This is how I normally get myself back to functioning after an episode.

3 Likes

That’s really a great example. You rock

1 Like

I had to have some breaks for two episodes. I had a few semester behind at first and on the second time it was during the winter break fortunately. I went back to school and being medicated there wasn’t many problems, so I was able to finish my degree. Good luck nothing is impossible. :smiley:

2 Likes

I did some stuff…w/disability accomodations. The people aspect is hard. I’m weak. People scare me.

I’m not smart right now. I’m actively manic and delusional. I’m experiencing mixed mania. I feel it is lifting with the spring rolling in.

1 Like

After a huge episode I went back and got a psychology degree. I had to take it slow, but it’s possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suffered from fairly major depressive episodes while i was at uni (i didn’t have schizophrenia back then). I was hospitalised a couple of times because of this, and it did make it challenging to complete my degree but i did manage to. It is possible to complete your studies, but then everyone’s different.

1 Like

My sem 1 grades came in.

I have only 8 and 9 out of 10.

My mother was thrilled, I am to

1 Like

I was hospitalized a million times after I got my bachelors degree.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.