Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park

I visited this park about a year ago, so it was before the coronavirus. This park is currently closed due to the coronavirus.

This state park is located in west-central Florida, USA

peacock

bald eagle

hippopotamus

alligator

pink flamingos

manatee (me)

me and a statue of a mermaid

11 Likes

That alligator is covered in weed. He doesn’t need the sun to get baked. Flamingos are beautiful birds. My family and I went to Orlando when I was nine. I liked it but Florida is a little too muggy for my comfort. Looks like you had a fun trip. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

How did you get that photo of the bald eagle? Did you use a long lens or were you actually able to get that close? It’s pretty impressive !

2 Likes

Thanks, @ThePickinSkunk

I thought I’d share pics of this trip at this time because we can’t do things like this right now.

1 Like

The bald eagle was on the ground right next to the fence, so no long lens. The bald eagle must have been born in captivity.

1 Like

I know how you feel. I sorta wanted to go to Charleston, South Carolina to see Fort Sumter as I’m a Civil War buff but maybe there is still hope in the fall. Hopefully our world wouldn’t have changed too much after all this is over. Freedom of travel I mean.

1 Like

Great pictures,

I love pink flamingos (even the movie of the same name),

But I think my favorite picture is of the bald eagle.

You really got a good one of it.

2 Likes

Thanks, @anon54386108 .

I got lucky with the bald eagle pic.

1 Like

nice pics, thanks for sharing them.

1 Like

That Bald Eagle is amazing. Nice pics.

1 Like

Man I wish I was a buff about something. Being a buff would be cool. I used to have a coin collection but in all my moves it got lost somewhere.
I drink about 5 sodas a day, maybe I’m a soda buff.

1 Like

Great pics @anon17132524. Really great.

1 Like

Super cool @anon17132524!

1 Like

Nice pics and thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.