Homeopathic Medicines for auditory hallucinations

Has anyone had any experience with any of the Homeopathic options? I’d especially be interested if these worked at all with any positive symptoms like auditory hallucinations, since it appears most of the mainstream anti psychotics don’t necessarily work great on those things or only work partially and with the associate side effects of the drug, which are often significant.

excerpt from drhomeo shown below:

Homeopathic Medicines for Schizophrenia

Hyoscyamus Niger and Lachesis – Homeopathic Medicines for Schizophrenia where the delusion of persecution predominates:

Hyoscyamus Niger this homeopathic remedy is useful for those cases of Schizophrenia where the main symptom is delusion of persecution and the patient feels that others are making some plot against him. Another symptom which points to its use is- suspicion and the patient’s perception that he will be poisoned, thus refusing to take anything offered, even medicine too ; there is a mistrust that his friends are no longer his friends and he carries on conversation with imaginary people. It can be recommended for patients in which the disease arises due to past unfortunate love relationships.

Homeopathic medicine Anacardium Orientale for auditory hallucinations in schizophrenic patients:

Anacardium Orientale is an important medicine that can be utilized in patients experiencing the auditory hallucinations. The patient requiring this medicine usually complains of hearing voices from far away that command him to do activities. He also hears voices of dead people. This medicine also works well in case of the symptoms of- excessive talkativeness coupled with the use of abusive words; suspicion at everything around him and anxiety while walking. He also feels as if someone is following him and talking about him .

1 Like

General rule of thumb for homeopathy - If some symptom or illness can be dealt with by sugar pills, or salt water injections etc (things that do nothing but the placebo effect), then homeopathy would probably also be helpful. If those things wouldn’t help, then neither would homeopathy.

If you think sugar pills or salt water injections would be a big help for positive symptoms of schizophrenia, then homeopathy could be worth a shot too I guess.

It’s fortunate at least that homeopathic ‘medicine’ doesn’t contain enough of it’s ingredients to actually make any kind of difference to anything - because giving a schizophrenic plants with psychoactive chemicals that cause hallucinations doesn’t sound very sensible.

Wow, so your opinion is that they are essentially worthless. Ok, I can’t say I’m a believer either, but these psy meds don’t sound very promising either, just trial and error with various large hammers.

2 Likes

Homeopathy is based on the theory that “like cures like”. I have used homeopathy for my family for years, and I can say that they do work much of the time. My Mom has schizo-affective symptoms and has been on medications for as long as I can remember, but a few years ago she was unable to travel to her psych doc and he turned down refills of her meds. I had to bring her back to health physically, while weaning her off of her medications. (One of the main reasons she became ill was running out of one of her meds previously and not having it refilled by the doc until the hospital contacted him, and he gave her a few weeks of it.)

Anyway, for three years she has been taking homeopathics and doing quite well. A recent change in our household has affected her and brought about a strong relapse so she will hopefully be getting her anti-psychotics again from a new doc once the appointment date is here, but I can say that the homeopathics (I use Boiron almost exclusively) were fine for three years.

It isn’t easy to figure out what to give - it takes study and research, research, research, and then close observation of the symptoms as they are starting to show, to choose which ones to give. You can’t do it without thought because then they won’t help.

I’ve used the homeopathic meds on my whole family, as I said earlier, for allergies, colds, flu, (Oscillococcinum is amazing!),nerve pain, muscle aches, stomach upset, etc. They have worked so there is something to this theory, which has been around since the late 1700’s. Boiron started in France and is maybe one of, if not the oldest, companies creating homeopathic products. I feel better using these types of medications on my kids especially, so that side-effects are out of the picture, unlike most OTC medications. The fact that they’ve worked on my kids since they were little, when they couldn’t even know the idea of a placebo effect, shows there is more to this than just a person’s “belief” in the medication. I also study and use Bach’s Flower Essences with good outcomes.

Studying these alternative theories is fascinating on its own, even if you don’t try them. Keeps the mind busy and learning.

Blessings, All.

1 Like

My mother hears the voice of neighbor which she feels are conspiring against her.Is that all right to provide her homeopathic medication as for allopathic i am worried about the side effects.