Hobbies you used to have, but are longer interested in

I used to be really into video games and playing disc golf. But I think anhedonia has crept in, and I longer enjoy doing either one. I’m sure there are other examples of hobbies in my life that I no longer pursue. How about you?

2 Likes

Video games, TV and movies.

5 Likes

Video games. I matured out of it.

2 Likes

I’m bummed about video games, because I used to really like playing them. Maybe because I grew up? I think it’s anhedonia, though.

3 Likes

There isn’t very much on tv nowadays. Just Dr. Phil and Judge Judy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know mine was directly related to sz because of the timing. I stopped them in psychosis and then I have had very little interest/can’t get into them ever since, even after recovery of positive symptoms.

2 Likes

Messing with computers. I was a computer geek , software wise.

Photography.

Reading.

2 Likes

Playing music. I’ve hardly touched my bass in years.

2 Likes

Survivalist stuff! I got into that when I was paranoid, but now I wonder why I spent so much on it. I have a cupboard full of gubbinz I’ve never used.

1 Like

So sorry to hear that :pensive:! For some odd reason I have finally begun to jam on my guitars again. With the last stimulus check, I got two “cheap but good” guitars, which I love coz I love working on gits. This, after maybe 5-6 yrs of almost no playing. It makes me want to record, but of course nothing is ever good enough, and the voices always tell me I’m nothing.

1 Like

My other mind says keep it close at hand, ‘they’ may be near at any time. I keep many weapons near wherever I go, you can’t trust anyone and the tide can turn at any time.

Video games. I have no interest in video games anymore. Also sports. I used to play a lot of sports but I just have no interest in them anymore

I used to pray as a hobby and save lives…

Sewing and knitting. Don’t have the spirit

1 Like

Same, with a few exceptions.

1 Like

TV, studying and reading, exercising, biking, playing basketball and soccer, etc My presz friend is now friend with my brother, my brother was with him and he called me yesterday saying my friend wants to talk to me, he wanted to play basketball with me like the old times, I told him I am too tired. I still have his phone number and fb but I stopped talking to him long time ago. He was also busy with university and work. Maybe I should talk to him but I feel too tired to go outside.

3 Likes

I wish I had the energy and enthusiasm I had before sz.

1 Like

Cardmaking, other crafts

Used to crunch fat book like in a week and finish singleplayer games like in 3 days. Stopped all of them

1 Like

for me it’s playing guitar, and video games, and veggie gardening, i have few hobbies left, also i don’t watch much sports anymore either,

4 Likes