Highs and lows

Here’s how it works. Come on here every day, or week, or whatever. Say the best thing that happened to you this week, and the worst thing that happened. The idea is that some people have trouble remembering the positives in their lives, but other people have a hard time feeling comfortable enough to share their struggles. Doing both reminds us of the good times, while giving us permission to talk about the bad.

My high is that I accomplished a lot at work this week, and I feel proud of myself. I worked hard, and it paid off.

My low is that today is the anniversary of a friend’s death. Growing up in pediatric hospitals, I lost a lot of friends, but this one was the first, and it hurts still.

31 Likes

This week I had a high of getting my gas bill placed on hold so it wasn’t cut off. My low point was needing to borrow money.

7 Likes

The high of this week was my dad messaging me on father’s day, which is today in Norway, and he told me he was happy to be my father.

The low is hard to pinpoint. I’ve felt like dying most of the week, and today I woke up with an especially low mood even though the dying thoughts have subsided. It feels like everything I do today is wrong.

4 Likes

My high of this week was that I got an appt with the oral surgeon way sooner than i thought I would.
My low is that I’m in a lot of pain

3 Likes

My high was that I went to a IHOP restaurant with my dad this week and enjoyed a delicious lunch.
I have a constant fear of others drugging my food so this was a big win for me.

My low is that I keep procrastinating buzzing my hair and beard.
I’ll get to it today I’m sure.

7 Likes

My high was talking to my son Thursday. My low was getting yelled at by my dad.
Also good: my dad brought home some Diet root beer :beers:
Also good: I found two boxes of hot cocoa mix at my dad’s house
Also good: it’s cold outside but I have a relatively warm home

4 Likes

My high: I’ve been feeling stable, content and social many days this week. Today was the best day: an outing with my son, my ex and his daughter, with the children being very cuddly and joyful. I love both kids, my own and his. There is a big feeling of peace and gratefulness in my mind today.

My low: one week ago I had pms and I heard about some bad stuff happening in the family and felt horrible. The uncle who abused me as a kid is feeling deeply troubled. It sounds weird, but I’m upset and want him to be well. His feelings of guilt and depression seem to be partly connected to me and I want that to be in the past, forgiven, relieved.

3 Likes

High:
I didn’t overeat too much

Low:
i did still overeat though

3 Likes

@Ninjastar, this is a good thread idea :smiley:

Last week was peaceful and l’m grateful. I had barely any waking symptoms (just some overly active dreams). I went out to lunch with new friends and had dinner with my husbands friends and I remained focuses and social and was glad I went after (I’m a struggling introvert so beforehand I wasn’t so sure).

The low was , I found out my husband lied to me about something stupid and it brought back bad feelings about my trust issues with him again.

2 Likes

couldnt really get outta bed today. so tired. the inexhaustible negative symptoms it seems lately

but i got pizza pops and a rootbeer :stuck_out_tongue:
and i gave my hammy baby g a piece of tasty spinach :leafy_green: :hamster:

3 Likes

My high hasn’t technically happened yet, however, i have obtained premiere tickets to see Fantastic Beasts and where to find them 2. Super excited about seeing that. My down is trying to look after a particular resident in my aged care home who is incredibly rude, ungrateful and abusive.

2 Likes

Low. Lost my mum.

HIgh. Turning a sad day into a good one. Will see all my family and friends at the funeral wed. I love catching up with an amazing extended family and friends to boot!

7 Likes

Wow, she really went downhill quite fast. I guess it can be seen as a sort of blessing - she didn’t have a long, drawn out period of suffering. I hope you and the rest of the family are okay.

2 Likes

High: seeing an old friend and talking science as well as venting my problems

Low: depressive symptoms are hitting a bit hard

2 Likes

High: starting community service at the clubhouse tomorrow
Low: have to get hernia surgery again the day before thanksgiving :frowning:

2 Likes

High: I would say I’m having a good week overall. I’m able to comfortably watch a couple of new shows and I got invited by the owner of a pet sitting company to apply for a position with them

Low: I’m really behind in my school work and I have a couple of appointments to get a growth looked at and removed.

2 Likes

High: I got an important work assignment done, and I am proud of the way it turned out.

Low: I have heartburn from eating a peppermint Twinkie. My stomach isn’t as hardcore as it used to be

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss @rogueone. Hold onto the memories.

6 Likes

High - I saw my son for awhile and we watched “That 70s Show”

Low - I feel frozen like I can’t move and i can’t find relief from my pain

2 Likes

High:My son has booked a flight ticket to visit us in March of 2019. This is really important to our family. Excited.

Low: I washed my two light downjackets with my washing machine. Both of them are dry and clean now. But the duck downs are stuck together at the corners of every single slot. It is hard to get those downs to spread evenly. I may need two hours to get this done. Pure torture.

3 Likes