High-Potency Antipsychotics with minimal side effects

What are some high-potency antipsychotics with minimal side effects? I’m looking to come off of the Invega Sustenna and the Invega oral due to the fact it’s causing TD. I went off of it before and the TD temporarily went away. I tried Ability, but that didn’t work.

1 Like

I tried lots.

Clozapine is the best for me !!!

High potency APs will greatly increase the risk of TD …

They’re all pretty potent in my opinion. Try Vraylar or Latuda.

1 Like

Not necessarily.

Ive tried so many APs, and Clozapine had the least side effects for me !!

1 Like

True.

Clozapine is a rare exception.

Zyprexa is one.
I also think older ones like haldol are strong.

I think this is really a question that you should have with your doctor tbh, i can’t advise

3 Likes

I’m about to try Saphris. It is said to have a good side effect profile.

I’ve had great luck with Geodon and Seroquel. They do weaken me, physically, but they don’t dull my mind. A lot of people swear by Geodon. For some of us it is an answered prayer.

Dont you take biperden ?

How long were u on antipsychotics before getting td ? I have slight tongue movement …I am on invega but living Wid it …not taking anything for it …how long were u n invega ?

What was wrong with abilify, was it not working for the voices?.. I had to wait up to 2.5 months before the voices went on abilify

Clozapine doesn’t cause td btw

At first I was on 117 mg Invega Sustenna for about 14 months then my doc added the oral rather than increasing the 117mg to 156mg. For some reason he won’t prescribe the Sustenna for over 117mg. Because of TD symptoms, I went off of both of them. I took awhile but the TD symptoms went away. In the meantime, I tried Abilify , but it didn’t work. So, to avoid a complete relapse and hospitalization, I went back on Invega. I’ve been back on it for 11 months. It’s not until my doc adds to it that the TD symptoms return. I’ve been on antipsychotics for about 10 years.

1 Like

Hmmm seems like invega triggers td symptoms in you…are they severe ? What symptoms are u getting like tongue movement or what ? I am on 156 mg three weekly when I was on the pill form td symotims tongue movement appeared now it is much less wid the injection

Is Geodon pretty fast acting?

ive had bad side effects from every one that ive tried, currently on invega i dont feel quite as good mentally as when i was on olanzapine but ive lost alot of weight since ive switched and have more energy and motivation.

That can vary from person to person, but it usually has an effect on me within a day - 3 or 4 hours. You might differ. You don’t really feel it because the side effects are minimal.

Does Geodon work well for psychosis?

Try to keep in mind we all react differently with medication. Like for me geodon made me feel worse and for some geodon works great.

You have to try for yourself.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like