High / low IQ in schizophrenia

this is not true.
my brain is completely messed up.
I can’t do anything cognitively,
should be a chess master.
My brain is completely messed up.
This is the problem.
My case is rather serious.
If you are ok cognitively you are a very lucky man.
I hope to urgently be cured.

I have an extremely low iq I’m to embarrassed to say

2 Likes

My intelligence is like the curate’s egg ie a mix of good and bad.

I’m not even sure how to spell “IQ”.

I had a high iq

When I was tested in college my IQ was 138. I feel like I’m average or below average now. I just feel dumb all the time. I have a really hard time expressing what I’m thinking and I’m just so slow to process anything.

I always score between 132 and 140. Last one I did was 138. I know that haldol helps at a low dose- my studying is easier, I blew through 200 pages of LSAT test guide today. I also asked my psychologist, he says its upper 130’s. Boy am I manic-depressive and also organized as ■■■■, also not really experiencing any significant negative symptoms.

By the way, I found this study in the lab like two years ago about two weeks after it was published. I’m just glad it is getting publicity, and I am glad that there are others like me.

Now to actually use my IQ and become a lawyer…registered for LSAT, practice is going well. I was in grad school for psychology, but I was just going to be directed into advocacy, and lawyers are advocates, with less years in school and higher salaries. Also, LSAT is way more fun than statistics and cognitive assessments.

1 Like

An “Intelligence” Quotient (IQ) test only measures a person’s reasoning and problem-solving ability. It doesn’t measure a person’s Emotional Intelligence nor Creative Intelligence.

4 Likes

Always did well in school though barely trying. For instance showed up just as much as two of my friends. (We skipped close to half the year).

While one didnt graduate, and the other went to secondary school so he COULD graduate. I stayed in school and graduated like normal.

Neither of them have sz. I do believe my sz was marijuana induced though.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say my IQ is high or low, I just have a unique way of thinking. My work recognise this as I always seem to think about things in such a different way, I always think of things they don’t. Not sure if it falls into just being crazy or having a different perspective on things.

IQ is a poor measure anyway and I don’t pay much attention to it. Common sense makes a big difference and that test does not cover it.

1 Like

There was always a weird thing in my family that would come up every three or four years. My mom had me and my sisters tested in grade school, but my parents never told us the exact results. All they would say is that we scored very high. When I asked why they wouldn’t tell us my mom would say that she didn’t want to put any pressure on us and she didn’t want us to have too high of expectations for ourselves. It was quite a mystery and now my parents are gone so I will never know what I scored. I guess it doesn’t matter anyways because IQ scores as a child can change when they reach adulthood anyways.

Bart Goes to A School For Geniuses - The Simpsons

Maybe it’s best not to label kids as either smart or dumb, best not to label them at all.

2 Likes

Completely useless!
If Iq doesn’t measure creativity
Or kindness
Or steady ability to work hard without complaining much
I live in that kind of family and I only have a bit of those three things

1 Like

Yes, it can take your intelligence. My IQ went down multiple points with this disease. I used to be high intelligence at 122 IQ points. Now I am just at normal intelligence.