Hiding yourself behind a mask because you fear the world won't understand

Hello everyone today i want to discuss about the problem of hiding behind a mask because if being true it will get you hurt yourself…i don’t know about others but i do it cause in general i am a kind person who like to help others & not giving priority to myself…& it make me vulnerable cause after years of betraying by others i now just can’t show my true self to others…people used to took advantage in terms of money,favours etc…but when i was in need i found myself all alone…but it’s all in the past & so i was forced into evolving into a person i don’t want to be…i agree that i am not a perfect person there’s many thing i need to learn,need a reason for being myself again & the reason to start over new but that reason is a person for whom i am waiting for my entire life…
But i console myself by comparing all the pain & suffering in the world,there are people who can afford a single time meal & much more compare to them my problems are nothing cause i have a functional body except for SZ(haha)…
I believe that the problems of the world will be solved & all is needed is a little try just …LOVE is the only answer to all these problems cause an “eye for an eye will makes the whole world BLIND”…

But i know how hard for people like us ,only maintaining the lifestyle is difficult for us…but i request you all to not to think about our problem as being a problem just think that of course i am little odd among the normal but its not gonna stop us from doing something great I can give examples also like

1. Syd Barrett – 1946 – 2006(Musician and Founder of Pink Floyd)
    2.John Forbes Nash Jr. (mathematician )won nobel prize
    3.Lionel Aldridge – 1941-1998(Professional Football Player)
    & more

So back to the original Question should i need to hide behind a mask no cause I am proud of myself for who i am & nothing’s gonna change that…

well this my opinion i am not forcing others to believe me…if you agree please let me know & if you don’t then also let me know

1 Like

I think sz kills ur will power…!!!

I know i wont be working until better medication comes…!!!

2 Likes

I also believe in recovery, even full recovery…

As for the mask… I think I live mostly without masks, but this can be painful sometimes

1 Like

i know being a Sz really sucks but that’s the excuse i have giving myself for the past 7 years but i have made a decision thats its now time to change…do something or sulk over my problem…

3 Likes

ya i agree with you fully @YayaC …keep being optimistic…

yeah i just watched a beautiful mind(Nash) for the second time a few days ago.I knew about the guitar player for pink floyd too he played that guitar with two handles(loll that’s not the right word but i can’t think of it two sets of strings). I didn’t know about the football player but I thought Van gogh was schizophrenic too. Well you two sound pretty stable and positive so you do have a lot of reason for hope.

1 Like

thanks @finally ya i am pretty stable right now ,i am not doing drugs anymore…being sober for few months & it has started to reflect on me

1 Like

It depends on the severity of your illness, they had mild sz.

1 Like

i agree but mild or severe they had it(SZ) …but that did not stop them i am just saying we need buckle up & most importantly have faith in yourself that’s all…i am not saying that you need to win a nobel prize ,i am just saying that let at least try to build our future…& not to complain about it…

2 Likes

Yes it did not stop them because it was mild, if it was severe it would have surely stopped them.
Anyways I agree everyone should still try to build our future and do something good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t say for sure that they had Mild sz. Is there any proof of that? Maybe they were just extraordinary human being’s. When I was I’ll i had severe schizophrenia. But I react very well to medication. So everybody is different. No doubt did Nash had Less severe schizophrenia than me since he didn’t take meds. And if I didn’t take meds… I don’t even know… I’d be in a coma dead or something else really bad. So you may be right

1 Like

yeah i already did all that i’m on the way out but i can appreciate you young healthy ones working toward goals baby steps or larger whatever you’re capable of. if stable can be the best you.

2 Likes

yeah nash seemed to have it pretty severe if the movie was realitic he hallucinate a roomate and others and had paranoid delusions too.

2 Likes

The movie was not realistic.

2 Likes

I think nash jr got cured of sz…!!! It happens to few… like ur brain starts to regrow ur damaged neuron and u get cured…!!! Holy cow…!!!

1 Like

how do you know zeno did you read a book about him? or a critique of the movie? i know when it says based they add stuff. i’d prefer a true documentary type.

1 Like

I like that one Jack black speech in school of rock that says just give up! because in this life you can’t win…and so forth

oh i’m open with people close to me about my illness now, actually some are ill themselves with different mi. That what I was saying earlier when i finally did open up to people that’s when the conversation’s flowed and found out many were going through similar things and probably about when i became more interested in memoirs cause people were so real in them, not putting up that public personna so much.

1 Like

I think a lot of it was my own fear of stigma and not belonging, my insecurity. turns out people could relate. But I will say they do have a lot of programs and it’s improved much since I was a kid in that regard.

1 Like

The storyline of a Communist conspiracy to smuggle a nuclear bomb into the U.S. was made up for the movie in order to capture the spirit of his delusions. In real-life, Nash’s delusions were even less logical and more chaotic than the movie version.Nash’s mental breakdown through schizophrenia didn’t truly develop until the 1960s, after he had graduated from Princeton (no phantom roommate) and married Alicia Nash. At the height of his madness, Nash believed that aliens were sending him encrypted messages through the New York Times, and that any man wearing a red necktie was a member of a secret international communist organization. He claimed to colleagues that he was the Pope and the emperor of Antarctica, and feared the government was working with extraterrestrials to destroy his reputation. At some point, he developed a messianic complex and thought he was a messenger from God. Nash eventually came to believe he was on a holy mission to come up with a mystical number that would prove the existence of God.

8 Likes