Hi, I’m Kim and I’m an insomniac

I just LOVE being up for hours. I keep seeing shadows sitting at the foot of my bed, small spiders, my mind kicks it up at night. The seroquel doesn’t help. Xanax doesn’t help. Vistril and Benadryl make me hyper… Perphenazine was recently added and I’m still hearing and seeing things that are counterproductive to sleep. I’ve been keeping my husband up at night now too. I would give a lot to have a nice long sleep, like a real sleep sleep. What do you do when you can’t sleep?

Close my eyes and count sheep while rotating from side to side. That or diphenhydramine pills, the tylenol ones.

1 Like

Binaural beats. They knock me right out.

1 Like

I have terrible insomnia, too. Have you ever been for a sleep study?

1 Like

***********TRIGGER WARNING ********
I saw a scary little man the other night on top of my dresser mirror. It was a few days before I started my period. This always happens right before my period. I have more hallucinations

1 Like

I wait for the next day to get sleep and take my meds as prescribed- that’s what works for me

1 Like

@Loke I get something very similar. This shadow tried to hurt me. It’s petrifying

@Ninjastar I haven’t. Would a sleep study help? I’m not being silly I’m being serious I’ve never considered it

1 Like

When I was on seroquel I hallucinated all kinda of ■■■■ at night. Demons …faces…writing on the walls telling me to kill myself …yeah it wasn’t treating me very well. I switched to paliperidone and I’m much better

Talk to your pdoc about medication.

1 Like

It has helped me. They found out I have a sleep disorder, and now that I’m being treated for it, it’s much better.

2 Likes

It always gets worse right before my period. Is it that way with you?

1 Like

If I can’t sleep I take Lorazepam. :zebra::zebra::zebra:

I imagine I’m in a spaceship flying thru outer space

1 Like

What you can try, that im gonna try, is take The meds earlier, then u have time to get tired.

Yes!!! I have a mirena now; it got worse then it got better. The birth control seems to have helped!

1 Like

I take 50 mg of Doxepin (an old school antidepressant)and 10 mg of Solgar’s melatonin

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.