Hey my bathroom smells like sewage

It’s clean. The toilet’s clean but I do know that plumbing in a mobile home is cheap. My bathroom is adjacent to my bedroom. Maybe my dad can fix it.

1 Like

that happened to me once. mom suggested i run some water down all the faucets. there is some kind of trap thing she was telling me about that she said will smell if you haven’t ran any water for awhile. which i hadn’t, i have a bathroom i never use.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that. How long did you run the water?

1 Like

hope it works. it worked for me.

1 Like

Sometimes pouring vinegar and baking soda down the drains and toilets help

2 Likes

Sounds like a burst pipe. Or maybe the thing @Lifer said.

2 Likes

Could be sewer gas coming up the pipes. Do you have a septic tank?

1 Like

We use bleach to clean and open sinks and toilets.

1 Like

She can’t use bleach if it is a septic tank. Will kill of bacteria that breaks down waste.

2 Likes

Yes. I have a septic tank. I put baking soda and vinegar down the sink and in my toilet. Seems to be doing the trick for now. It’s happened before and gone away on its own. Thanks to everyone I’ll keep your suggestions in mind.

I Didn’t Know There Were Creatures That Fed on The “waste”.

Well. On Second Thought I Suppose it is Waste.

I Mean, i Want Nothing to Do With it.

What Does Bacteria Receive From Waste?.

Strange, Odd, Weird, Unusual, Honestly Useful Creatures.

Although i Don’t Want Them to Visit Me For Christmas.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

Weather changes and changes in air pressure can cause the septic system to burp some gas until the pressure in the tank equalizes with above ground if there’s a differential. It’s unpleasant when that happens.

2 Likes

Yep. Anaerobic bacteria. They feed on waste in an area that has no oxygen.

1 Like

I Had No idea That, That Was Even Possible.

Strange Doorway For NASA I’m Sure.

Sincerely,

DJ Nosferatu Bat Beam (sleepoptimistic)
:owl: :alien: :owl:

Wow. I never knew that. Thanks. Yeah. I remember now. The last time it did that it was the beginning of autumn. Same time year Mr. Stinky came to visit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.