Here, this is more positive

So, I’ve been through a lot in my life. Major thing in my adult life was divorcing my first/abusive husband and going through a gut wrenching 2 1/2 year custody battle with him. Next was watching my mom die slowly and painfully of lung cancer. The next was my dad getting dementia and having my horrible oldest brother take over everything. My dad has slipped away to the point of not knowing who I am anymore.
Okay, here’s the positive: I’m actually psychologically stronger now than I was before my divorce. And because I kept getting up and doing what I needed to do each day, I have a pretty stable life now and am better off mentally than I’ve ever been because of the stability.
So, the message is that really bad things can and do happen in life. Keep getting up and getting through each day and you get stronger and things get better.
I hope that makes sense.
And, to those who responded to my earlier post, thank you so very much :heartpulse:

13 Likes

The worst thing thats happened in my life is getting sz I’m glad you’ve made it through these hardships and are doing well

2 Likes

I was never “normal”, so although I started being terrorized by demons when I was around 12, I never experienced being totally fine and then suddenly not fine but horrible.
Sz has robbed me of pretty much everything I might have had if I had not had it, but it wasn’t an event for me. It’s just been a long road of being sz and living life as best as I could/can.

2 Likes

I can understand that to an extent. The starting point of everything for me was a traumatic event I experienced at I think 11 or 12. I havent been able to have anything really ‘normal’ after that. And anything normal from before I cant remember because my brain has blocked it out. Sometimes I lament at my lack of childhood. I cant remember being a child due to PTSD and I had to stop being a child due to PTSD.

We may not be like others but that also can be a gift. It means that we can help others that aren’t ‘normal’ it means that we get a completely unique perspective on life. We can see things and realize things that others cant. We also have our own normal. A lot of times its different then what others consider normal but it’s also something that cant be taken away from us. Its unique and its ours.

2 Likes

You are SO right, @NeoPolitan02. I work in special education. I have a lot of success working with students who have extreme behavior issues. I believe it’s because I relate to them, I empathize and understand.
I really appreciate your bravery and your positive approach. :heart:

2 Likes

That’s really awesome that you get to help kids. I hope that I’ll be able to help people. And thank you for appreciating my positive approach. It’s taken me a while to finally be able to believe in the positive.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.