Help with not using illicit amphetamines

Has anyone else used speed but quit years ago and still get occasional cravings for it. It isn’t meth. It used to come in red pill capsules that you swallowed. Has anyone quit but still crave it at times. I haven’t been to NA much since 2020 when my car went to the salvage yard. I don’t have my drivers license anymore so I haven’t tried to get another car.

1 Like

Amphetamines worsen psychotic symptoms.

2 Likes

Thanks @Aziz. I haven’t used them in years but still will get a craving every now and then.

2 Likes

Maybe its time to go back to NA?

2 Likes

I think maybe so @Aziz

1 Like

I’ve found that AP med’s have completely removed any effect amphetamines might have on me. I took some about thirty years ago, and I didn’t feel anything, fortunately. I’m immune to the effects of a lot of street drugs. I know I didn’t get ripped off because I gave other people some of my drugs, and they said, “This is good stuff. You didn’t go wrong.” It is certainly fortunate that these drugs don’t affect me.

2 Likes

Thanks @crimby I’m glad they don’t affect you. It’s that way with me and alcohol. Everyone else will be getting silly when drinking, but I will barely get a buzz. I’m an alcoholic though.

1 Like

So am I, but it has been over five years since I last drank.

2 Likes

That beats me. I’ll have one year without a drink the 24th of this month.

2 Likes

Darn it. I just went to the grocery store webpage, and there was a can of beer on sale ad. I would use another grocery store, but this one is closest. I wish beer and wine would only be sold in liquor stores. It’s in the pharmacies here too.

2 Likes

I get cravings for things.

My favourite drug was ecstasy.
I never took it daily .
Mainly weekends but I remember longing for it.

I took amphetamine sometimes but not often only few times perhaps.

It was over twenty years ago I took drugs.

A few weeks ago I was craving alcohol and stopped myself from drinking daily or even weekly.

I quit smoking about fifteen years ago.

I didn’t drink for five years.

Then not for three years.

Now I get a little cravings but don’t know what for so I always have a coffee or tea to sip on to help beat cravings .

I’m pretty clean otherwise.

Just latuda and imovane.

Am vegan.

Maybe take up knitting and suck mints or drink coffee to beat cravings.

1 Like

Thanks @SacredNeigh7. I find several cups of coffee help the cravings some for amphetamines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.