Help with a friend please

I have a friend that called me tonight. Says his undiagnosed nephew has been hearing voices just got fired and is staying with him. Has no insurance and his voices are telling him to hurt himself and others. He just went to bed. Well I’ve never experienced these voices I Know some people deal with it for years without acting on it. No beds available at hospital tonight. Any one have any input on there experience with these violent voices. Told him I would contact my Dr in the AM and see if he can get out patient care.

3 Likes

I figure if he sleeping That’s good

4 Likes

It always feels weird to see it happen to someone else after its happened to you. Reminds you that its actually quite common. Make sure you do all you can to make sure he gets help, especially if content of hallucinations is violent and self harm is imminent.

3 Likes

So I know these suggestions Of violence are common. But do you immedeiatly run to the hospital because of them. Or can you do outpatient?

1 Like

Out patient takes longer. In patient is better and more supportive. I wish for the best for you and your friend and the child as well. Have him rest alot and keep a close on on him, this is best advice I have atm.

1 Like

I recommended an Ambien if he can’t sleep, I a know my friend uses them for insomnia. and told him some people use a headset to drown out the voices. Think there going to look For help but in the AM.

2 Likes

do benadryll it just as good for sleep and yes music loud comfortable music will drown out voices.

2 Likes

Well lesson learned , should have taken him to the ER last night. He took off this morning.:expressionless:

Just an update for anyone reading,. My friends nephew came home tonight. Went to the ER Today he was expecting them to give him a prescription and Let him go home. He wouldn’t admit himself and left. So my friend asked me to come over and talk with him. I shared my story and convenced him to check himself in while he still realizes something was wrong. So as far as I know he’s on his way in to the ER. Thank God.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.