Help settle a disagreement with my dad

So I stayed awake for like 36 hours yesterday and the day before(probably because of Abilify) and today I slept like 15 hours.

My dad seems to think that no matter how long you stay awake as long as you get your 6 hours sleep thats all you need.

I believe in sleep debt, and that if you stay awake for an extremely long time you are going to need more sleep(granted 15 hours might be a bit much.).

Which one of us is right?

well last week i went camping and could only sleep 4 or 5 hours a night. when i got home i was exhausted and slept 10 and half hours. i felt so much better. i side with you.

1 Like

It wouldn’t matter how long I stayed up, I’d be lucky to sleep 6 hours. You might be dragging, but I don’t think you can automatically sleep 15 hours unless you’re lucky.

1 Like

I’ve read experts say you can’t. But I totally disagree.

experts say you cant what? I dont understand your post

They say you can’t catch up on sleep, but I think you can

1 Like

6 hours sleep is not enough on a regular sleep night

While sleep requirements vary slightly from person to person, most healthy adults need between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night to function at their best. Children and teens need even more. And despite the notion that our sleep needs decrease with age, most older people still need at least 7 hours of sleep.

3 Likes

Funny coincidence. My dad has now fallen asleep on the couch while watching tv.lol.

3 Likes

I think you are right. I think your dad is wrong.

1 Like

I need about 10 every night.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better to sleep longer then do it. You are old enough to decide how long you want to sleep and your dad is sleeping right now after having slept a full nights sleep, presumably, so who is he to say?

2 Likes

No offense but where do you live that the days are 36 hours long?

1 Like

They arent…thats just how long I stayed awake…I think i had a bout of insomnia from taking Abilify. Couldnt sleep.

oh, i see what your saying…no, i said “yesterday and the day before” because the 36 hours ran into both days…not two days of 36 hours. i didnt know how to type it because if i said “36 hours yesterday” that doesnt make any sense either because yesterday is only 24 hours…lol. confusing.

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying that. I assumed you lived at the North Pole or something, lol.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.