Help - Missing person - Advice to where he could be

I need advice.
(Obs. Not English as birth language)
The situation now is that my boyfriend have Paranoid Schizophrenia and have been missing for 12 hours as I write this. His delusion is being spied on by the government and the mafia.
He came to my hometown and asked me to travel to another country with him.
I then went with him to several ebassy. He got to talk with one on the phone where he explained to the person that he didnt feel safe and needed help to feel safe or to get to another country.
To make a long story short… I need help as to where he would go.
Is there anyone else who has had some of the same experience as him and where would you go?
As to what do you believe he is thinking now and feels like he need to go or do?
Any advice at all is very much appriciated!

You need to call the police and report him as missing. Explain that he has schizophrenia.

3 Likes

I have called the police, hospital, emergency, and the place he has been hospitalized before and explained all that I know. I just want to look for him myself, the police and everything is too slow.

Tell him you’re not with the government or the mafia and you love him and would never betray him. You need to give him a high level of respect or you won’t get a shred back from him. I’ve been there.

This is all sorta from my perspective imagining being him so good luck.

1 Like

I have tried giving him all the respect I could. I went with him to the ebassy and I listend and told him I understood him. This is my first time experience and I’m trying my best not to be what you call a “faggot”. But he gave me an ultimatum to believe him, and I didnt dare to say yes because I was told by the hosptial poeple to not say yes to belieliving him. So he ran away. I did what they told me, but shouldnt I have done it?

What sort of skills or training does he have? For most of us, if we go missing, odds are someone will call the cops who will bring us to the hospital or jail within a few days. We like to think we’re going to be all covert and avoid the government, but when our minds don’t work right we draw attention to ourselves in a big way.

2 Likes

You did right. Delusional people don’t need someone feeding into their delusions further. They need medical intervention and serious therapy. The best thing you can do for him, once you find him is encourage him to go to a doctor and get on meds.

2 Likes

Im not sure what kind of skills or training he has. Can you give me an example?
If I understand correct, he will hopefully be noticed all though he might think he is covering/hiding himself?
As to draw attention to himself although he might think he is not?

1 Like

Well first off you said you called the cops that is good. Secondly I would check in places that he normally frequents first. Then I would try to get in his head sort of speak and think of places that he would go to get to another country. So maybe like the Air Port or docks if you have them. You should work with the police on this. Even if you are faster than one cop you probably are faster than 1000 looking for him. Even if that is the only thing they are doing having their help can only help you. That is my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Thank you cj9556.
I looked for him for 3 hours in my city/town and the places I thought he would go. And others have been looking for him in the city he lives, but no signes of him.
I will try your advice and maybe get more into his head and what hes thinking.
I will cooperate with the police.
Thank you very much for all help!

@SzAdmin: Good one to repost on family side.

Im sorry. I dont know how to do that. My first post.

hopefully he is somewhere better now