Schizophrenia.com

Help me decide

I can’t decide if I wanna take one of my step sons presents back to the store. It’s a Thomas the train bridge… he’s 8 years old, almost 9. It says the suggested age is 3-7… but he asked for Thomas the train stuff… before my husband left we decided he was too old for that stuff but I ordered it anyways… should I return it for a refund/get something else? Or should I keep it?

1 Like

Eh, spare the rod, spoil the child.

If it was me I would give it to him for Christmas and make his day.

I can’t tell you what to do but that’s my .02 cents.

2 Likes

Personally I would get something else, more age appropriate. You don’t want him to out grow it right away. :cat::cat::cat:

2 Likes

I would keep it, if he specifically asked for it.

4 Likes

Yeah… I just hope he would actually like it. He asked for a Thomas the train track master but we just don’t have the room… and they’re kind of spendy

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking… especially if he’s turning 9 soon… he might not even play with it

1 Like

Well he asked for Thomas the train “stuff” not specifically the bridge… but hey whatever it’s “stuff” lol

1 Like

If he doesn’t know you bought it already than return it and buy something more appropriate for his age. If he doesn’t even know you bought it then no harm done. Thomas the train is not the only cool toy out there. Get him something else just as cool or cooler.

1 Like

keep it. i would it.

1 Like

well if he likes that kind of stuff it would be a nice gift. but i would hate for it to cause a rift between you and your husband over parenting matters. but sounds like a nice gift to me. trains are always cool.

1 Like

I think you should give him the train stuff he enjoys it who cares if he’s “too old” let him have and enjoy the things he likes

1 Like