Schizophrenia.com

Help Me Choose A Bench

I’m getting a bench to put outside on my front porch. The bench is really just to go outside the front door so people can take their shoes off. Yes, I make people take their shoes off in my house. LOL!

So I’m trying to decide which bench to buy. While they are completely different from one another, either one will go with my house. Which one do you like better?

http://goo.gl/WEspoE Made of concrete, more traditional look, less expensive.

or

http://goo.gl/wrfqBu Made of steel, more modern look, more expensive.

Thanks.

I like them both, but the first one has more character so I choose that one.

3 Likes

The first one it just speaks to me and the second one is so plain.

2 Likes

I like the second one, but I’m outnumbered :smile:

1 Like

I also like the second one.

1 Like

I like the second one.

1 Like

I like the second one. I have a little wooden end table like that which I got for $20 at Target. I keep my records underneath it on the bottom rung (or so I call it. I have no idea what to call the different parts of furniture.).

1 Like

Woah weird. My parents have/had the first bench. It used to sit in the grass between the house and the garage where I used to live until my dad got it in his head to relocate it a mile maybe more into the woods to a spot overlooking a small creek. He transported each of the three pieces seperately using a hand cart via circuitous hiking trails. I went with him once and this guy was determined, like he was going to die trying. He came across a washout on the second trip when I was with him, tried finding a route through the forest where he just ran into a stone wall. I was saying he was never getting that bench out there, he waited until the next month for the washout to dry up before dragging it the rest of the way.

It was like something came over him and he kind of wasn’t there, a look I’ve seen on only one other face in my life. But that bench was going out there, it was going out there. It’s like he was crossing the freaking Delaware with it.

3 Likes

That concrete bench and pieces weighs something like 200 lbs! You Dad must have been in great shape. Cool story, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

That’s just it, he’s not…he has a bad back and is somewhat overweight. His determination though, that bench was on a mission.

2 Likes

I like the second one if you can afford it. It has more mobility.

1 Like

I like the first one because it’s a little curved. I t would give the person sitting on it a little more freedom of mobility. Although chordy is right in practicality.

Though, the curved bench might grab someones toe + trip them.

2 Likes

Reading over chordy and pob’s post I would go with the second one. More saftey, easier to carry, even if it is ugly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.