Schizophrenia.com

Hello there schizoaffective editorialist

Hi my name is Larry. I have had schizoaffective disorder most of the adult life. Many difficult relationships and hardships despite this I managed to get through college. Have had several breaks in my life but on the up and up now.

I have been working for a news site where I am an editoralist. It is a well known site and gives enough money to afford my apartment, but I won’t mention the site. I also write for a local newspaper. I live in America and am proud of my country.

I would like to meet fellow bipolar and schizophrenia sufferers who have been in the trenches. I manage with very little medication. Only taking trazodone to keep bipolar at bay. I believe in full body recovery. Regards, Larry.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Larry_F.

1 Like

HI Larry and welcome. I’m Paul known as the Rogueone around here. I’m paranoid sz and multiepisodic. For me meds are necessary for function. I live a rich and realized life on a pension out here in Australia. Well done on working. It’s hard to do and you deserve some respect for getting through work. Look forward to your input.

1 Like

Hi there @Larry_F it’s nice to meet you I’m Hanna. I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. That’s awesome you function so well on such little medication.

I also am working. I work as a dental assistant for a local privet office.

1 Like

Hi Larry, Welcome to the forum.

I also work. I am an analyst for a marketing company.

Glad to hear you have done well despite the odds being stacked against you health wise.

Hi Larry. Welcome to the forum! You’ll find this to be a friendly community.

Hello Larry and welcome to the site. Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself. I have Schizophrenia but have to be managed on a few different medications. Your job sounds very interesting and rewarding. I’m a nurse, but am between jobs at the moment. I live in Australia and love it.

Hi @Larry_F and welcome!

Welcome to the forum @Larry_F :hibiscus:

Welcome to the forum @Larry_F

Thankyou @DearZombie for welcoming me to your lovely forum.

1 Like

Hi Larry welcome to the forum. I live with schizophrenia/schizoaffective and go to university currently. It’s cool you write for a living. I almost did an internship for copywriting but decided against it.

Welcome @Larry_F

Sounds like victory to me.

1 Like

1 Like

Hi there welcome to the forum! I also have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type. And I love writing too. I’m also an artist.

Hi @Larry_F and welcome to the forum. I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder bipolar type and I manage to get by on a monthly Invega Sustenna injection along with Wellbutrin. The hardest thing for me has been negative symptoms since nothing seems to improve them. Wellbutrin might help a little but I don’t think anything else does.

Hi Larry and welcome.

I’m a danish guy, diagnosed with a schizoaffective disorder / rapid cycling, but they changed the diagnosis to schizotypal personality disordered with a lot of mood swings.
Yeah, and at lot of difficult relationships and losses too.

Impressed that you can mange just by trazodone!

Hello Larry and welcome to the forum!
I am schizoaffective bipolar type as well. I have to take three different antipsychotics and an antidepressant everyday in order to function. So, I am impressed that you only need one antidepressant, at this time anyway. And you’re able to work! Good going!

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.