Helicobacter pylori infection

Does anyone infected with this bacteria before.if so did he or she treated so far

1 Like

Yes, I developed a stomach ulcer age 15 from it. I did a short course of antibiotics and it healed up.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.how long does it take to antibiotic regime and if you don t mind can you provide the name of antibiotics

1 Like

i can’t remember which antibiotic it was, sorry. It was 25 years ago. I took the ab for around 2 weeks though.

1 Like

Np.thank you very much for your helpful reply.

2 Likes

It reared its head with me in my mid twenties and i had a hellish time, i had a bad time with it, i was given a cocktail of antibiotics 2010 and it helped but now my gal bladder is shot (might not be related) :frowning:

1 Like

It takes omeprazole and one or two other meds.
It’s not a big deal, my late mother had it and cured.
If you want, i can take a look whats the combination…

1 Like

No thank you.i don t want to create a work for you

1 Like

I have a ulcer now. I’m getting antacids for it. I guess it helps.

Antibiotics hasn’t come on the table. I think my doc only uses it as a last resort since people are starting to get antibiotic resistant.

Have you had a gasterocotopy to say that you have?

Stomach ulcers are dangerous, and anatacids don’t cure them. they mitigate the effects of it.

A 2 week course of antibiotics will cure a stomach ulcer. Perhaps your doctor is not aware of current guidelines since the experiment of a doctor who consumed helico.p to prove the it causes stomach ulcers and it did,. This was back in the 90’s. Some doctors are old school and still don’t know about it.

If you really had a stomach ulcer it can be ever so painful. It is not just heartburn. Meds can cause that.

1 Like

I am ofcourse considering getting in touch with my doc if it worsens. But for now it seems to be getting a little better.

I have a also reorganized my diet, avoiding acidic foods and drink which seems to be key.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.