Heavy secret

Do you feel sometimes that you carry a heavy secret?

3 Likes

I had a heavy secret

It went into my first monologue i wrote for the stage and was shown for 3 nights at the adults and community quota for a major small theatre where i lived

its still with me and I’m reprising the script a bit
it was in Jan 2015

Yes I feel that way, but I’m not sure if they’re secrets or if I let them slip while I was dissociated.

no I feel open about my life and illness with people…

I only have one secret that I’ll take to my grave, and that’s not for me, it’s to protect the other people involved. It’s nothing illegal or bad, it’s just a sensitive topic I guess.

I was treating my mental illness as a secret, but I’ve become open about it and it’s so freeing and empowering.

Yeah I have schizophrenia and most people dont know.

3 Likes

Yes and I feel so burdened sometimes I think I can’t take it anymore. Its eating me up inside

1 Like

I have many secrets. But no one would understand.

2 Likes

A family member told me that she slept with a lot of men to get back at men and her ex husband who cheated on her. She said it was like she had this power over the men she slept with.

My schizophrenia and my MD are my biggest secrets.

My brother doesn’t know that I have schizophrenia- my mom will beat me up if he ever knows.

1 Like

Lol I’m working on it, but around strangers I do feel like I’m walking around like an imposter.

1 Like

I think there is a medical term for that. It is called imposter syndrome. It is where you have low self confidence, and dont give yourself credit for the things you have done. I think Michelle Obama had it.

1 Like

I have some secrets I’ll carry with me to the grave, but for the most part I’m pretty open if the right questions are asked.

2 Likes

Imposter syndrome often makes you feel like you are faking symptoms but you are actually not. It’s horrible! I just feel like an imposter all the time…

1 Like

I don’t have any heavy secrets or have any information that I feel that weights on my shoulders.
I usually try to focus on what’s important to me, like small accomplishments trough the day. This way I forget any kind of information that may bother me.

Is it the feeling itself, and it stops there? Or does it go any further?

It sounds like it could be paranoia that you have.

I don’t want to suffer from discrimination

1 Like

So it can grow into a paranoia, especially if one is constantly exposed herself/himself in environments where it happens. I can relate to it too. Have you tried something to calm your mind? Prolonged daily meditation perhaps? :slight_smile:

Yes. I also try to be open minded about mental health and i’m reserved about it because is none of anybody business :relieved:

1 Like

Yes. My schizophrenia is a secret I feel ashamed of.

2 Likes