Heavy metal is so soothing

i feel music from metallica, megadeth, slayer, pantera, sepultura, kreator, iron maiden, judas priest, black sabbath, etc are the next best medicine to my illness though many might be against the message they convey and sound they make is not likeable. i strongly love and embrace the music and lyrics of most heavy metal bands. thanks and appreciate this topic.

2 Likes

This site is so popular! Right now it has 181 posts. I would estimate 100 of the posts link to a sound track. Interesting.

1 Like

This is such a great thread.

and here is yet another lol from Blue Felix

1 Like

what i listen to when im coding :smile:

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I went to a high school where my own race didnā€™t like me much so I spent a lot of time hanging out with the goth and skater people of a different race and class. Their music became my music. I grew so fond of it, it soothed my angst-riddled pre-psychotic soul. I was a girl from the high crime urban areas who would blast Korn, Pantera, and Megadeth while the rest of the neighborhood thrived on gangster rap (I now have an appreciation for that music, too, but metal is in my blood).

Then, I got psychotic in my 20ā€™s and Kornā€™s album kept sending me into paranoid fits (Iā€™ll See You On the Other Side album was very beautiful but triggering for me). I had to cut back on the metal and Mansonā€¦luckily, I found Abilify and BAM MORE METAL THANK YOU ABILIFY! I really like the videos listed here! I donā€™t get exposed to a lot of metal now, I mostly just relisten to my fave songs, so this is awesome! Just finished listening to the live version of Eraser and I LOVE Amerakin Overdoseā€™s Letting Go!

This thread is awesome, thank you o.pā€¦and all the contributors!

3 Likes

thereā€™s threeeeee shred ittts

Itā€™s a dream come trueā€¦

OLD SCHOOL shred it brooā€¦yeaaaaaaaa

Angry shred-it worker, popping out of truck: what you doing, man?

This cracked me up

1 Like

Right on,

I never used to listen to black metal I started listening to it after had my first episode, I was just looking for anyway to get rid of my anger towards what happened, and found solace in it. Now I just enjoy it.

have always listened to metal though,

eraser , awesome song.

feel free to add any music whenever you want :slight_smile:

SHRED IT BRO :smile:

2 Likes

i had a few CDā€™s of Lamb of God. There was one in particular I loved; a slow, guitar-driven song about walking the line or somethingā€¦canā€™t remember to post it, but hereā€™s another one I liked from around those years:

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad you enjoy it; I love that song, too, why I posted it. Waylon Reavis who appears in it is one of my favorite metal vocalists. Heā€™s the one in the hat. Heā€™s the guy who inspired the idea I mentioned recently for getting the word ā€œunbrokenā€ tattooed on me.

1 Like

Lmao this the stick death beast is hilarious

If you like that Amerakin Overdose song with Waylon, you may like this too. Itā€™s Waylonā€™s new band, A Killerā€™s Confession. This is the first video on my metal mix playlist, donā€™t know if clicking on it will give you the whole playlist or not, but itā€™s kinda long (80 videos).

ā€œCause hating me is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  you!ā€

1 Like

I love metalā€¦ oddly pop music triggers meā€¦modern country music does the sameā€¦ but metal has always been my buddyā€¦

2 Likes

ā€œEven in these chains you canā€™t stop me!ā€ This is the only song I really like by this band, from what Iā€™ve heard, though itā€™s a damn good song.

2 Likes

it plays embedded or, if i hit the youtube button, it takes me to the song by itself, not to a playlist. There is a youtube recommended mix on youtube, but I think thatā€™s based on the song and not your specific playlist, but I could be wrong. I saved it to my playlists, that way I can listen to more.

I like this very much, thank you! :smiley:
:smiley:

I bought Letting Go and have been listening to it on my daily walk! Thanks!

1 Like