Schizophrenia.com

Heaven after life

if you knew you were going to heaven after life would it ease your troubles

Yes, I feel that the struggles in life would have been worth it. I believe in heaven and working for salvation, having a relationship with my Creator.

i believe there is a heaven but its the unknown too me

I sort of believe in an Afterlife - Reincarnation, another life, a second chance, maybe. I do not believe in a stereotype of a Heaven - with a God with white hair, long white beard, angels flying around - cherubs etc… I do think that everyone, including “sinners” are given access to this other life - believers and non believers are all welcome

to know im safe and saved after life would mean the world of joy to me now

Are you not doing ok @pedro27?

yes wave thanks, im just drinking beer and pondering thanks wave

No problem pedro - glad you are doing ok

I hope there is an afterlife, where all unjust sufferings are rewarded with happiness and glory, and where there is finally justice. I fear that everyone will get into heaven. In Catholicism, there is the doctrine of Purgatory, where people’s sins are burned away before entering into heaven. That sounds like a good compromise to me, because justice demands that people who are cruel and don’t care about the poor suffer for it before being shown mercy. I also think sometimes, that this is just it. And all the wild injustices will never be accounted for.

I find it better to focus on the life I’m in rather than whatever comes next. A large part of me believes we die and that is it but I’m willing to entertain the idea that there is something more. When I was psychotic I thought we all reincarnated into higher beings when we die. We have a few human lives then we move onto being higher life forms. As we learn through these lives we eventually become assimilated and identical to the god spirit which consumes the souls of this universe in order to sustain itself.

No. I would still experience my life now the same.

after schizophrenia, mortality is not so horrible to me cause I have had times wishing just total death.

I would LIKE to believe in a Heaven. But I’ve never seen good proof or good evidence that convinces me that there is one.

I absolutely believe in the afterlife…seen too much to not believe, whereas most people take it by faith.

I view it from a Biblical perspective with a twist…but a twist that is in the Bible…people talk of hell all the time. What the Bible teaches is that the spirit returns to God and if anything goes to hell it is body and soul.
But there is a spirit soul and body…so the spirit always goes back to God/heaven, and your individual consciousness may or may not have to deal with other stuff…

"the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. " Ecclesiastes 12:7

" rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." - Matthew 10;28 (Notice nothing mentioned about spirit there)

“May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus” - 1 thessalonians 5:23…all 3 things mentioned…

Spirit goes to heaven…

And, that’s why we are supposed to live in the spirit so that everything is in harmony…

Only for a short time, then I’m afraid I’d get bored.

I believe there is after life, there are lot of people telling their story during near death, some of them have so amazing stories that its not possible not to be amazed and surprised.

There is no afterlife, no Heaven, no Hell, we just walk on the Earth and then we are buried. Hopefully some people have had children to continue the life after death here on the Earth.

God is real. I know because I have experienced miracles from God. When I was in the 8th grade my mom and I got in a car accident. We turned left to go to my school and a car hit us. Our car then ran into a stopped school bus then bounced off and ended up sitting right in front of a bush next to the curb. I had a dream sitting in my car stopped in front of the exact same bush in the exact same yard like months or even a year before it happened in real life.

How does this prove that God is real? I have all kinds of dreams almost every night. Often people who experience events that can not be easily explained think that it was God who did these. I have started thinking that there is no God at all :smile:

Because God made me have a dream of an event before it even happened. He proved that he knows the future.