Hear he! hear he! Invega Sustenna cures schizophrenia

I have zero positive symptoms on meds too…just negatives.

1 Like

Welcome to the zero positive symptoms club :grinning:

1 Like

I never use to take meds before invega… use to assume they were all useless because non that I took ever removed the voices/delusions. until invega that is… it removed the voices / delusions

2 Likes

Well I’m happy it worked for you but that doesn’t make it a cure. It’s still just a treatment because you have to continually take it for it to work on your positive symptoms.

2 Likes

technically speaking… according to my doctor, I’ll soon gradually stop taking it on a monthly basis and then completely stop taking it and go on to live without meds/schizophrenia. it’s permanent cure according to him

That makes no sense whatsoever. I don’t believe your doctor said that. There is no permanent cure for schizophrenia. If your doctor said that Invega sustenna is a cure for schizophrenia he is not a competent doctor.

3 Likes

I was on Invega sustenna for like 18 months btw.

2 Likes

haha… in the early days… my voices use to call the doctor incompetent lol… but those voices are gone now

and it didn’t stop it?

1 Like

I switched to abilify because my doctor knows that there is no cure for schizophrenia.

2 Likes

it did at least make a big difference?

Yes, it brought me out of my delusions. I didn’t say that it wasn’t effective…just not a cure.

2 Likes

You need to continue taking meds to not have positive symptoms. They dont cure sz permanently without being taken daily.

1 Like

invega sustenna is a once a month injection

Whats your diagnosis? For sz its usually meds for life. But for brief psychotic disorder or psychosis nos Drs may try to get you off meds. My original diagnosis was psychosis nos, Dr took me off meds, I was hospitalized after 2yrs and diagnosis changed to sz.

1 Like

Symptoms got worse gradually during those 2yrs until I needed hospital after 2yrs.

1 Like

voices, delusions of people speaking to me, delusions of the occasional non existant peoples… and the usually everyone’s watching

Didnt mean symptoms meant with what your Drs diagnosed with? Sz, psychosis nos, brief psychosis, delusional disirder, substance induced psychosis, etc?

1 Like

never been hospitalized… but by design; I never really gave into my delusions, but I fully understand why you were hospitalized - I’ve seen that side
@Aziz I’ve reached my maximum chat limit @Moonbeam still insists on keeping me new account status because of my occasional fasting cures schizophrenia posts… just for the record, fasting doesn’t cure schizophrenia - back in February 15, I went 37 days withoout eating a single meal and nothing about the voices changed, still heard them at the end

1 Like

Yea I was voluntarily hospitalized, its why I am on pills and not court ordered injections.

1 Like