Healthy at any size

There’s this slightly chubby guy at my gym who’s working on his ballroom dancing by himself in the basketball court. I admire his courage. I’m sure all the men staring could be uncomfortable no matter how courageous you are, but if it’s your body that’s bothering you, try not to think about it. Everyone there knows how much it takes to go to the gym when you’re not happy about your appearance, and only the idiots will judge you for it.

3 Likes

My family might go do laser tag this weekend. Talk about getting your heart rate up! It’s my favorite sport.

4 Likes

Great thread!:slightly_smiling_face:

I put on almost seven kg since becoming vegan and I look chubby but I am the healthiest and fittest I’ve ever been.

I go to the gym four times a week (one class is just 1/2hr but still good).
I walk dogs.

I was eating fried foods a couple times a week so I am trying to stop eating fried foods for a while to see if that will help me lose weight.

I was 55 kg when I moved away from my x boyfriend and was a meat eater and before I moved I was 53kg.
Now I’m almost 62kg and w 160cm but

My way of viewing bodies has changed.

When I was younger I would think someone was fat if they were not slim.

Now I have a crush on a overweight woman and I see people at the gym in all shapes and sizes.

Some people at the gym are even obese but they are fit and they are all so gorgeous.

I have started to see you can e beautiful in all shapes n sizes and you can be fat n fit n even healthy.

One girl at the gym looks a little on the fat side but she is soooo fit n strong n gorgeous.

Our instructor is a bit fat because she loves her food she confessed.

We can be happy angvhealthy and gorgeous and fit even as overweight.:open_mouth::two_hearts:
I was 53 kkg when 55 kg

2 Likes

I always think of the online videos of gym fails. People are definitely watching.

Yeah, they probably are. But you’ll learn how to do the exercises correctly, and most people don’t really care if you do them wrong as long as you’re not also boasting about how strong you are.

1 Like

Dancing to “Devil in a Blue Dress” like a go-go dancer is good exercise. I really should only eat fruit, vegetables and low carb protein, but not dairy. That’s probably the easiest diet.

Lol. I won’t be bragging about my strength anytime soon. The most weight I’m doing lifting is 60 pounds lol! But I’m working on building it up. My initial goals are to get up to 60 pounds on my lightest weight exercises and up to 30 min on the elliptical. I’m adding one minute per week. Or at least, that’s my goal for now. Once my lowest weights are at 60, I’m going to ask my husband to help me come up with good new goals. He was mr Michigan and was a personal trainer, so I trust him.

3 Likes

What does IDGAF mean?

Oh yeah, I remember you saying that! That’s pretty cool!

2 Likes

I weigh 161.4 lbs. now and that’s the highest I’ve been in a long time. My weight keeps going up, up and up despite very rigid calorie counting daily and daily exercise. It’s very frustrating. I look very good however, so I suppose I should be happy. But I’m not because the trajectory is upward.

I Don’t Give A ----

1 Like

How rude, @anon78876561.

I just want to stop people from asking me when my baby is due.

1 Like

What? You asked with IDGAF meant. That’s what it means…

2 Likes

I think so too. He was heavyweight. Now he’s lean without as much bulk. But he’s 48 years old and still looks amazing, even with his spinal injuries. I don’t know how he pushes through the pain to exercise. It’s definitely something for me to emulate.

2 Likes

OH!!! I thought you were commenting on my last post. Sorry.

2 Likes

It’s okay. Yeah, I didn’t put it into context. I would never say that as an insult.

2 Likes

Guys the topic of conversation is health, not size. Please refrain from commenting on people’s weight/size here, including your own.

1 Like

That’s mean @anon78876561! I hate that people ask you that! I’ve been asked too. When asked if I was expecting I said no, I’m just fat. It was embarrassing for both of us. But people should know better than to ask that.

1 Like

Ok. Sorry @Ninjastar